Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 23 - 10 Year Anniversary - Surfleet 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st AUGUST 2017

Default UKLEM 23 - 10 Year Anniversary - Surfleet 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st AUGUST 2017

The 23nd (ish!!) United Kingdom Laser Enthusiasts Meeting
    UKLEM - 23 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire England UK
    18th, 19th, 20th, 21st AUGUST 2017

The dates for the hall are booked for the next Surfleet Laser Enthusiasts Bash and it will be on the 18th (Friday), 19th (Saturday), 20th (Sunday) & 21st (Monday) of AUGUST 2017 starting at around 09.30hrs Friday Morning TILL 17:00hrs on Monday.

All the usual Surfleet gubbins plus the upper gallery & hall area will be available again for Snogging, Carnal activities, Sleeping & Snore practice purposes as normal.
    There is a huge cooker & 3x fridges available to use throughout the weekend even though the Kitchen area IS the main workshop area!
    Electronics, Electrical, Pulse Jets Multicopters and general Radio Control equipment also very welcome.
    CAA outdoor laser approval will be sorted for the Friday, Saturday & Sunday night outdoor bashes as usual.
    Bring your BBQ's, Horses, Sheep, Antelope's, Bleach, Frogs etc and hope for some decent weather and nice hazy, cloudy nights.
    NO Chinese lanterns Please!
    Milling machines accepted as long as you leave them outside in the rain

Surfleet Village Hall
    Station Road
    Surfleet
    Spalding
    Lincolnshire
    UK
    PE11 4DA

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=1...%3DGB&qs=PE114DA[/URL]

Places to stay:

http://www.shipinnsurfleet.com/[/URL] - ABSOLUTELY SHITE PLACE - THEY TREAT YOU AS FORTH CLASS CITIZENS - DON'T BOTHER!!
    http://www.theriversidehotel.info/[/URL] - A bit naff but they don't mess customers about like the Ship does! Food is good! LANDLORD IS A BIT WIERD.

Travelodge Spalding
    Springfields Outlet Centre
    Camel Gate
    Spalding
    0871 984 6383

Failing this, there are plenty of B&B's around the area all findable on Google.

THE COST FOR ANYONE ATTENDING FOR UP TO 12 HOURS WILL BE £15 PER PERSON, ANY LONGER THAN 12 HOURS AND THE CHARGE WILL BE £40 PER PERSON - NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE PLEASE.
    ALL NEWCOMERS WILL NOT BE CHARGED AT ALL!!

Payment can be made via PayPal or Direct bank transfer.

Paypal 'GIFT' only to: smogthemog at gmail dot com

Bank details given via PM only.

The hall fee's need to be covered and with a few of these meetings in the past, being short of bodies, I need to make sure the hall fee's are covered hence the price. It's basically £10 a day for sheer unadulterated enjoyment of the highest order

You will be issued with Black bin bags to be kept at your area and ALL your rubbish from the weekend MUST go in these bags AND TAKEN HOME WITH YOU!!! No exceptions to this PLEASE!

Upon early leaving and on the Monday during clear up of the event you will be expected to tidy our area and remove cable ties, tape etc, stack your chairs and fold down your table before you go.
    It will be greatly appreciated if this is done xxx

There are no other rules at this event which is what makes this event what it is, chilled, easy and sociable.

The organiser accepts NO responsibility if you get injured in ANY WAY and by coming to the meeting you accept full responsibility for your actions. You understand the dangers involved and will not nail my arse to a wall if you get blinded by a stray beam of nice coherent laser light - OK!!! if YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS THEN PLEASE DON'T COME.

Please keep your equipment and area neat and tidy AND PLEASE, NO CABLES ACROSS THE CENTER OF THE HALL, ACROSS EMERGENCY EXITS & GENERAL DOORWAYS

Come, enjoy and be very Lasery!
    Last edited by smogthemog; 08-07-2017 at 02:48. Reason: To add payment information.

Thanks again for organising this event Jim. We know it causes you a degree stress at every event, but i'm sure if it ever got to the stage of being short of funds we'd make sure you were never out of pocket.

I've booked at the Mermaid for the Friday and Saturday evenings, so I will be there around lunchtime Friday and i'm afraid I have to leave around mid day on Sunday. If there's anything I/we can do to make things easier for you please let me/us know.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jim,
    Looking forward to the 10th Anniversary of the UK LEM very much.
    I will bring 8. and the two of us will be there and appreciate all your efforts, of course we will help you blind the windows of the hall again on the Friday morning.

Wouldn't it be fun to look up old pictures of earlier LEMs to make some sort of digital collage/photobook to show each other what fun we had ?

My memories of the first UK LEM i attended (in Leicester):
    - Bringing a broken 150mW Lasever green and with help of you guys replaced pump diode and got it working again outputting 212mW
    - Robin Bowden that brought a small 10W CO2 with power supply using it as a "blaster" . Dangerous but cool... and it popped balloons ;-)
    - Rob telling me to explain all about Medialas Mamba (my first laser software) but he was so busy answering also questions from other people he totally forgot. When we tore down the LEM he said: Let me pack my stuff and we'll sit in your hotel and i explain you all. We went across the street to the lobby of my Hotel and we sat down with a brew in the Lobby. At some point the clerk said Rob had to leave since it was already like 1.30AM or someting like that. And Rob still had to drive like 3 - 4 hours....

Memories of the Summer LEM organised by JEM:
    Having a nice LEM but afterwards we had an excellent BBQ with a large group in Jem's beautiful garden. We had strawberries with merengues as dessert ! Lovely !

Memories of like 2 or 3 LEMs ago:
    8. and me working in the kitchen on a laser (don't we Always....). I had an automatic punch tool. Jim was doing some precision work and i thought it was a good idea to mark the drilling hole by using the punch tool. BAM! And Jim flew up from his seat almost to the ceiling, after shouting some swearwords, then returned to normal voice and said:
    Never do that again, you scared the shit out of me ;-)

And then the time (4 or 5 times ago) when the dude that wanted to visit us came walking (!!!) up to the Village Hall.
    Local police drove by him asking where he was going (maybe thinking he was a traveller / hobo).
    He said he was off to pay us a visit.
    Then the old bill turned up asking us if we were expecting someone. Everybody was like, well eh... yeah there was someone saying he was coming but we don't know him. Not sure if he was coming etc... They drove away and after an hour or so this dude turned up.... The police could have taken him right ? Saved him an hours walk FFS.

Looking forward to your memories / fun facts / etc.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    ....My memories of the first UK LEM i attended (in Leicester):....
    Lugging my equipment up all those bloody stairs.
    Sticking to the floor (spilt beer).
    Realising that Leicester lives up (down?) to its reputation.
    Being in at the start of "something".

This one i aint gonna miss
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

My Favourite to this day , EVER laser , rob you bringing it along ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6710-1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	52555

- - - Updated - - -

Time guys to start reaching out to all the people who attended in past
    and see if we can make this the BIGGEST ever meet !

Paul

Memories ....

Andy con saying " leicester " "its too far ", "i aint going"
    Well done andy for never having missed a meet ?

The "Holiday inn" on top of car park in lecister , it was that bad we checked
    out and drove 20 miles out to a travel lodge

realising that the pangolin T shirt i still wear occasionally is a
    CRAZY ten years old !!!

Projecting out the stairs onto building across the way , i think it was a
    flamingo ? first time i had seen a 1 watt green , and was the start of
    chasing upgrades to get bright enough equipment to allow projecting
    onto building , and the the fun i had for years doing so www.laserads.co.uk

meeting all the other fellow "laser geeks" and phew all that equipment
    over the years , brilliant

Thanks h=guys , every one of you for all the memories , see you all soon :-)
    Last edited by Lasermad; 07-10-2017 at 02:57.

This is how it started
    http://photonlexicon.com/forums/show...ested-this-yet

and this is how it all finished , some great pics
    http://photonlexicon.com/forums/show...ighlight=uklem

( of the pic below does not show up properly , click on the image it pops up )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seminar.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	52556
    Last edited by Lasermad; 07-10-2017 at 03:19.

^^^^ I want photoshopping into that picture please as I WAS there!!! ^^^^
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posting to follow as I'll be in the UK at that time
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build