Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Idea: "Lasers and Lattes" morning event at SELEM

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    From our local cars and coffee, OOPS!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2UoKum_KAM
    Wow
    I love how she guns it while the kids look out the back in disbelief.
    Mom you're on top of another car.
    SHUT UP JUNIOR!!

Finally she gets out of the car to see why she can't move. Oh $h&# here comes the owner of the $250k Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    Ouch. I love the cars and coffee at great falls though. Where else do you ever get to see a GT40 (superformance) and F40 in the same place?
    I haven't actually been. There has been an F40 there? Wow! Okay, I'd love to see that.

I've heard there is a crazy number of Ferrari's in Great Falls. I work not far from there and there are McLaren / Lamborghini / Ferrari dealerships around the corner from work. From time to time we see the Ferrari service guys at lunch (they wear embroidered red shirts.)

Awesome cars -- but a friend owns one and after seeing the maintenance and upkeep, yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by djeric68 View Post
    I am thinking about bringing my ML10-300 to SELEM. It has its Laser physics reliant argon now, but I'm thinking about swapping it with a 1w 520nm I have. It would be much brighter with the green but I feel like I should keep it all original.

What have you changed to "Franken" your mobolazer?
    I have Lil G Beams that I upgraded with 1 watt 445nm diodes, but that's nothing compared to the ones that ?Flecom? has with the 2.2 watt DPSS Melles Griots on them.

I have Lil G Beams that I upgraded with 1 watt 445nm diodes, but that's nothing compared to the ones that ?Flecom? has with the 2.2 watt DPSS Melles Griots on them.
    I have a lil g beam that I fibered a 3W green into. It's new name is "lil death beam".

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    I have a lil g beam that I fibered a 3W green into. It's new name is "lil death beam".
    (eyes lil g beam... eyes 60W co2 laser cutter)

hmmmmm.....
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I haven't actually been. There has been an F40 there? Wow! Okay, I'd love to see that.

I've heard there is a crazy number of Ferrari's in Great Falls. I work not far from there and there are McLaren / Lamborghini / Ferrari dealerships around the corner from work. From time to time we see the Ferrari service guys at lunch (they wear embroidered red shirts.)

Awesome cars -- but a friend owns one and after seeing the maintenance and upkeep, yikes.
    Yeah I couldn't believe I got to see one in person. There's always great stuff there (2 grand nationals and one GNX last time I was there), but that was special. He doesn't go every weekend though.

Even with the 1 watts (which I'm thinking of switching over to my 400mw DPSS green) I'm always nervous of the mobolazer setup. I'm paranoid that the little turrets will come loose with bass and droop. I've had a few of the plastic nubs separate from the metal and had to re-epoxy them as well. I guess I don't feel that the hand tight turrets are quality enough to not move? Probably paranoia.

I also have two G-Beams with 1W blue's, and two RG beams that I have been thinking of upgrading.

The 2.2w has got to look impressive.

It would be interesting to see how many people have put 1W or higher diodes in their mobolazers. Maybe we could all bring our modified g-beams and ML10s to SELEM for a huge retro Mobolazer beam show. I have at least 10 bounce mirrors I could bring plus 2 G-Scan heads and 2 SC-100 scan heads.
    Eric in New Orleans

Nice! Any video to share?

How much power can the mirrors in the g-beam handle?

3w seems like huge power for the original mirrors.
    Eric in New Orleans

Even with the 1 watts (which I'm thinking of switching over to my 400mw DPSS green) I'm always nervous of the mobolazer setup. I'm paranoid that the little turrets will come loose with bass and droop. I've had a few of the plastic nubs separate from the metal and had to re-epoxy them as well. I guess I don't feel that the hand tight turrets are quality enough to not move? Probably paranoia.
    What epoxy did you use? I have this problem with MOST of the G-Beam turrets I have. I have tried a few different glues that never last too long.

The turrets on my ML-10 are all metal and don't have that problem.
    Eric in New Orleans