Thread: Laser lumias and product reports

Default Laser lumias and product reports

Does anyone have any idea how filing a CDRH product report would work for a lumia box? I know most of it would be straight forward since the electronics and mechanics of it are simple but when it comes to providing measurements/calculations of laser power outside of the box I'm a bit lost. What is the best way of measuring or calculating a beam that its being diffracted through an irregular piece of glass? How can I prove that the beams do not exceed the MPE once they are diffracted? Any advice would be appreciated.

Luke
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroPoint View Post
    Does anyone have any idea how filing a CDRH product report would work for a lumia box? I know most of it would be straight forward since the electronics and mechanics of it are simple but when it comes to providing measurements/calculations of laser power outside of the box I'm a bit lost. What is the best way of measuring or calculating a beam that its being diffracted through an irregular piece of glass? How can I prove that the beams do not exceed the MPE once they are diffracted? Any advice would be appreciated.

Luke
    It has been a long time since I did this, and maybe some regulations have changed but power measurement/calculations would have to be done in the exact same manner as for any audience scanning laser effect. One has to show that the measured energy in any scanned or diffracted beam that can enter the fully dilated pupil falls below the maximum power level value set by CDRH. But, if the diffracted beams are not used for audience scanning, then I believe you just have to fill out the normal paper work showing how the laser lumia projector has interlocks, shutters and other common safety features for any laser projector.