Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 11 Presentation and Show Schedules

Racing drone would be great! The more the merrier for the demo race in the field. And +1 for the Inductrix. Chris is thinking about setting up a beginner course in the cafeteria so we can play in there too. Should be a lot of fun!

Adam

Whenever I go to music festivals, especially multi-stage ones, I make a block schedule of each day to make it easier to navigate. Since I started planning out the sets for Club SELEM in the same format, it was easy enough to add the rest of the scheduled activities too, so I made this based on the info I could find in all the planning threads so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The empty blue areas in the gym are spots I plan on filling with sets, in a progression each day to flow well into each other. I'm going for a mixture of live sets from anyone who has expressed interest as well as prerecorded stuff, based on the suggestions in the Club SELEM music thread and some stuff I've been gathering to span a bunch of different styles and generations (Kraftwerk and Daft Punk's Alive 2007 are on the list already). I'll bring several options for each slot and we can always make room if more people want to spin.

If anyone finds the sheet useful, I'll add the auditorium shows to it once that gets figured out as well. Putting this together has only made the excitement 10x worse!

I have divided my music into 2 DJ sets. One is very specific - Deep/ Chicago / SF / Italian / Brazilian House (115-130 BPM). My other set is set is simply titled "Music to laser to" - and does not really fit neatly into a category other than it is just simply good music - from the 60s to 2017... a curated journey of good music.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    My other set is set is simply titled "Music to laser to" - and does not really fit neatly into a category other than it is just simply good music - from the 60s to 2017... a curated journey of good music.
    That sounds like a fun ride, Johnny! I look forward to seeing/hearing it.

In other news, the first draft of the auditorium schedule has been included in the first post. I have spoken to almost all of the associated presenters, but please let me know if I missed something. Note that we are going to be a bit more flexible in the afternoon regarding what content is played. If there's something you want to see, please speak up and let me know what you'd like either in advance or during SELEM.

Thank you!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

OK so......

As far as approximate meal times:

Tuesday lunch is on your own
    Tuesday dinner will be at the Blue Moon
    Wednesday lunch - 1 pm
    Wednesday dinner - undetermined but likely after the Laser Programming Roundtable at 6pm but, in the middle of DKumpula's beam shows
    Thursday lunch - 12:30p
    Thursday dinner - 6:30pm
    Friday lunch - 12:30p
    Friday dinner - 6:30p
    Saturday lunch- 12:30p
    Saturday dinner - 6pm
    Lunches should be pretty much close to on time whereas dinners may be a bit more fluid since they will require being picked up. We might think about dinners being a bit later since we tend to go late into the evening although that affects the show watching in the auditorium more.
    PM Sent...

Thanks, Brad! I can go back and adjust for half-hour gaps for people to get meals whether you decide they should be early or later. This way we can grab food without interrupting presentations or shows that people may want to see.

As for my vote, I prefer to eat early as you've laid out above, but am flexible.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    That sounds like a fun ride, Johnny! I look forward to seeing/hearing it.

In other news, the first draft of the auditorium schedule has been included in the first post. I have spoken to almost all of the associated presenters, but please let me know if I missed something. Note that we are going to be a bit more flexible in the afternoon regarding what content is played. If there's something you want to see, please speak up and let me know what you'd like either in advance or during SELEM.

Thank you!

-David
    I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread... My post was in reference to the DJ sets in the BOOM BOOM room.

Brad,

Last time on Wednesday, I am pretty sure we did pizza around 5PM, and it seemed to work well - maybe we can do that again?
    People gathered near the "food / snack" room, then went over and sat in the gallery (round table area).
    Did my first "Laser Lumia Show" in 1974... and have never stopped experimenting !

Quote Originally Posted by singlemode View Post
    Whenever I go to music festivals, especially multi-stage ones, I make a block schedule of each day to make it easier to navigate. Since I started planning out the sets for Club SELEM in the same format, it was easy enough to add the rest of the scheduled activities too, so I made this based on the info I could find in all the planning threads so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The empty blue areas in the gym are spots I plan on filling with sets, in a progression each day to flow well into each other. I'm going for a mixture of live sets from anyone who has expressed interest as well as prerecorded stuff, based on the suggestions in the Club SELEM music thread and some stuff I've been gathering to span a bunch of different styles and generations (Kraftwerk and Daft Punk's Alive 2007 are on the list already). I'll bring several options for each slot and we can always make room if more people want to spin.

If anyone finds the sheet useful, I'll add the auditorium shows to it once that gets figured out as well. Putting this together has only made the excitement 10x worse!
    Great work, Will. I don't think we'll have any problem filling the slots, or not. We should at least fill in when/where Kevin will be available in lieu of others. I'm excited!!! now if I can just get everything cleaned/tested/packed in the next 72 hours

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Lumia View Post
    Brad,

Last time on Wednesday, I am pretty sure we did pizza around 5PM, and it seemed to work well - maybe we can do that again?
    People gathered near the "food / snack" room, then went over and sat in the gallery (round table area).
    My only though about that was, if you just ate a 1pm, do you really want to eat again at 5 and possibly still be there until midnight? I'm open to whatever though.
    PM Sent...