Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 11 Presentation and Show Schedules

Default SELEM 11 Presentation and Show Schedules

Hi folks!

Please find below the current draft of the SELEM presentation and auditorium schedules. Please contact me if you have questions, changes or concerns.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM 11 Presentation Schedule.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	52634 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM 11 Auditorium Schedule.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	52635
    (Updated Sunday, August 6th @ 11AM)

Note that this is a draft and not all of the presenters have been contacted to clarify the details, so expect that soon if you see your name on the list. If you do NOT see a presentation topic that you expected, please reach out to Adam B. (Buffo) or myself ASAP so we can follow up.

Oh and one clarification on the Lasers and Lattes sessions planned for two of the mornings as I was a bit confused myself; L&L will begin on Thursday with each person who brought something to show giving a brief introduction to their project to the entire group. We'll then drill down on details as we'd like either alone or in groups as desired. This is the first time we've done an L&L session, of course, so we can change the format as we go to accommodate the desires of the attendees/demonstrators.

As always, this presentation schedule will continue to be updated in the coming days/weeks and the Auditorium show draft schedule will be included shortly. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome!

-David
    Last edited by dkumpula; 08-06-2017 at 07:19.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Looking good David.
    Thank you for doing this.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

That's helpful for calculating meal slots too. That was a bit of a difficulty last year in terms of getting timing right. Maybe I should work with you and list some tentative meal times as well.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Maybe I should work with you and list some tentative meal times as well.
    Good call, Brad! Please get with DK and see what works...

Also, David and Ethan might end up working together to put the schedule on-line so it can be updated dynamically and accessed from anywhere with a cell phone...

Adam

I know that solid state lasers have pretty much taken over this industry but I was wondering if there'd be any interest in a demonstration on how to align an ion laser from scratch? This would include removing both optics and going thru the process of using a hene laser to get an ion to lase again.

I know pretty much nothing about ions, but I'd certainly enjoy watching such a talk. Maybe I'll finally figure out who this Brewster fellow is that you guys keep talking about!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Maybe I'll finally figure out who this Brewster fellow is that you guys keep talking about!
    Here you go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qmIs52-2Xok.market_maxres.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	52530
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 07-08-2017 at 04:55.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I know that solid state lasers have pretty much taken over this industry but I was wondering if there'd be any interest in a demonstration on how to align an ion laser from scratch? This would include removing both optics and going thru the process of using a hene laser to get an ion to lase again.
    yes!

(the myth of the killer ape is true)
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Ok cool, so a couple folks interested. David, can you put something in the schedule for Thursday?

I plan on using one of my Lexel 85's for the demonstration and will probably do this in the backstage area.

On a related note, does anyone happen to have a HeNe with removable mirrors? Something like a Spectra Physics 124 or 127? I'd like to try an experiment that has little hope of actually working but I figure it'd be a fun to give it a shot. I plan to remove the existing mirrors and replace them with another set and see if I can get it to lase at a different wavelength.

FYI: I will not be available for the rountable on Wed. I won't be arriving until either Thursday night or Friday morning. But, don't schedule around me because I have relatives in the area and will be in and out visiting them as well. If anyone wants to talk shop I will be available for one on one when I am there.