Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up list for SELEM 2007

Cool

Cool deal Steve-o...

OK folks - Dinner is *ON* for Friday evening at 6 PM. I'll post some pictures of the inside of The Artist's Cafe later tonight, and I've also got a copy of the menu that I can scan and post as well.

EDIT: On second thought, I found that the Artist's Cafe has a website. See my post below for more links to pictures and the menu.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 07-31-2007 at 03:43.

adam, you must see about renting the dynacord alpha sound system.

i dont even know if you could rent it, but its the best sound I ever played on. We must have it

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

mr zurcher, most excellent emotiocon-
    go big or go home

Smile Re: Dinner Friday evening, Aug 17th.

Hey guys...

Found some more information about the Artist's Cafe. (Turns out they've got a pretty decent website.) So have a look and see what you think. The upper deck area is probably where we'll be eating. I figure we'll get them to move the small tables together to make one large one.

Here's the lounge area I was talking about. Looks comfy, doesn't it? It is adjacent to the upper deck eating area and overlooks the bar area.

Here's their menu (in .pdf format) if you're curious as to what sort of food they have.

Dreambeamz: Re - dynacord alpha sound system. Yeah, "the most expensive sound system in the world", according to the websites I found. I couldn't even find a company that rented them. But I did find several large nighclubs that were advertizing the fact that they'd just installed this sound system and were very proud of the fact. Can't imagine how much it cost them though!

Adam

Hi Gang,

Newbie first post, I found my way here by a post allthatwhichis made over at CandlePowerForums and thought I would drop by to see what you guys are up to J

I live in the Newton area just a short drive from where SELEM is being held, I’m pretty much a Flashlight geek but interested in anything that makes light. Being native to Newton hopefully I can help out with any questions and information about the area to make your stay as nice as possible.

Adam (Buffo) and I have been playing phone tag for a few days and finally got together this eveing (BTW super nice guy) and had a nice talk. With my work schedule hopefully I will be able to drop by Saturday for a visit and check out all the cool laser equipment

If anybody needs something please let me know and I will try and help out, Adam knows how to get in touch with me.

Cheers!
    Kelly
    Last edited by Sway; 07-31-2007 at 19:56.

Welcome Kelly!
    Great to have an inside connection to Newton,
    And a new member!
    We also have a flashlight/ non-laser section that's interesting.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...splay.php?f=28

Cool

Hi Kelly;

Glad to see you got your posting access restored. (Thanks Spec!) I left a message with MechEng3, but I haven't heard back from him yet. But either way, it will be nice to see you at SELEM.

Speaking of SELEM, guys - I've got news: THE PRICE JUST DROPPED BY $200!!! Seriously! I was on the phone with Reggie Helton talking about the event, and he said that we had originally misunderstood each other concerning the rental price. He's not charging us $500 + the $10/hr fee, he's charging us $300 + the $10/hour fee. So the total is just $500, not $700! WOOT!

This brings the individual share cost down to around $50 per member. (That beats $80, right?!?) So things are looking up...

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 08-02-2007 at 15:24.

Wow! Nice.
    Adam, the resteraunt looks great!

Cool

Hi Steve-o;

Thanks - I thought the Artist's Cafe would work out pretty well. Looking forward to dinner Friday!

Adam

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post

Speaking of SELEM, guys - I've got news: THE PRICE JUST DROPPED BY $200!!! Seriously! I was on the phone with Reggie Helton talking about the event, and he said that we had originally misunderstood each other concerning the rental price. He's not charging us $500 + the $10/hr fee, he's charging us $300 + the $10/hour fee. So the total is just $500, not $700! WOOT!

This brings the individual share cost down to around $50 per member. (That beats $80, right?!?) So things are looking up...

Adam