Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up list for SELEM 2007

I can confirm that Bill and I will be there. We will arrive around 12pm on the 17th. We will bring a couple of QM2000 systems, a couple of Flashback3 boards, and we will have a few door prizes. More to come on the door prizes.
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.

Well Adam, I just got to to say that youve worked your ass of for this and I think any extra $ leftovers should come your way for all the all of the extra above and beyond the call of duty efforts youve done for this extremely exciting upcoming event. Your the Man dude. Anyone else concurr (where's the spellchek) ?
    On a different note has anybody heard from Spec lately? It'd be nice if he could make it. Maybe we could make a collections appreciation bucket so it'd be a freebee for him. Thoughts? I'm definitely not made of money but seeing as he's the Founder a little respect for the CEO as it were...w'd be nice...eh?

Lightbulb

He's done allright... as usual.

Well, I just reserved the last room, I think it was the last, and got the days off. Guess I'm obligated now, or at least my credit card is. I'm not sure if I have anything to pitch in. Everything I got is used and probably labeled as junk in someone's book. Has anyone ever heard of a Laser FX? Old Laser "like" show that used to be sold at Spencer's. Maybe some computer hardware.

I might be able to talk the "boss" into making some lasagna. Everyone could be a winner. It'd be cool if I could talk her into letting me drive the bike... but snowball's chance comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    I can confirm that Bill and I will be there. We will arrive around 12pm on the 17th. We will bring a couple of QM2000 systems, a couple of Flashback3 boards, and we will have a few door prizes. More to come on the door prizes.
    Awesome! Glad to hear you and Bill will be able to make it!

"drive the bike"? Are you-all going to 2-wheel it to NC? Must be some big saddle bags to carry a laser proj and eqt
    Bill and I will be there.
    I'm really looking forward to meeting all you laser gurus!!!
    Last edited by steve-o; 07-13-2007 at 14:10.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden
    I can confirm that Bill and I will be there.
    WOOT! Glad to hear that you both will be there! I know it's gonna be a great time... I should be there around the same time. (Friday at noon.)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-o
    Well Adam, I just got to to say that youve worked your ass of for this and I think any extra $ leftovers should come your way
    Dude - I appreciate the sentiment, but really - it's not necessary. Everyone has been really great in helping me out in other ways. (Especially DZ, Bill Benner, Hayden, Astroguy, MixedGas, and DreamBeams!)
    On a different note has anybody heard from Spec lately? It'd be nice if he could make it.
    He was talking about attending when I spoke with him about 2 weeks ago. Though know that right now he's in a bit of a lurch because he's stuck in limbo between houses. (He moved out, but then couldn't move in to the new place. Now he's stuck...) I'll see if I can get in touch with him this weekend and have him check in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis
    Well, I just reserved the last room, I think it was the last, and got the days off. <snip> I might be able to talk the "boss" into making some lasagna. Everyone could be a winner.
    That sounds great! Glad you're going to be able to make it. Lasagna sounds good to me dude... You gonna bring your projector, right?

Adam

could be right, its not mine, just what i was told and it has a 20 watt sticker on it so i thought it was the truth. anyhow, once you get above 2 watts you need a meter to be sure, i really dont know. good heads up. But my friend does have several models used for medical use and some of them look very strange

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    Hi all, I talked to Buffo earlier this week and basically I will be in Memphis at the time of this gathering. Close, but not close enough. I mentioned to the boofer
    that I would post a picture after with me and the clients so everyone could see what i was doing. It does seem however that a flem deux will occur later in the fall-
    Dreambeams- question, I never saw a lexel 95 that could do more than 6 watts new, I was curious if the tube you have may be an older 298 extended version that used to pump dye for medical apps--??
    Peace

mr allthatwhich- eat my dust- emotiocon king

Lightbulb

Has anyone dropped a hint about this on CPF? I'm sure there may be a few there who might like to show up. Or would that cause too much interest?

I forgot to add above that I will be bringing a 300mW dpss RGB pango controlled projector with my PC and a laptop with a shareable aircard for internet. I probably will not arrive till late Friday night or early Saturday morning. The boss works till 6 or 7pm on Friday and we will head out when she gets off. I get off at 4am on Friday so I'll sleep most of that Friday so I can drive all night. Now that I think on it that shoots down any caravan.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 07-14-2007 at 08:28.

Question

Hey... What is our number up too so far? What is our division of cost for the venue at this point? Just curious on how may pennies to save.

Cool

Hi Aaron;

I didn't mention anything about it on CPF, but only because I don't hang out there. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to post a flyer there inviting people to come. After all, we have an entire auditorium at our disposal... Plus more people attending would decrease the per-person cost.

If you want to invite the folks from CPF to come over here and sign up, that's fine. I don't want to try to juggle two forums though. If they want to come, make sure they let us know here in this thread. (They'd have to register with PL, but that's not hard.)

So you're gonna drive up late Friday night, eh? Make sure you let Ann Stedman at the Bed and Breakfast know that you'll be arriving so late. I seriously doubt that she'll be awake at 2:30 in the morning when you roll in! (You're looking at an 8 to 9 hour drive...) Ann said that she had special procedures set up for people that arrive late, so there's no problem getting to your room. But give her a call...

Too bad "the boss" can't get a half day off of work that Friday... That would make things a lot easier for you. (Has she got any vacation saved up?)

Glad to see you're bringing your projector. That's another Pangolin rig! (woot!) Shareable Internet Air card is a great idea, assuming you have service up there. (Probably...)

Adam

EDIT- The list as it stands right now:
    Allthatwhichis confirmed
    Buffo confirmed
    Dreambeamz confirmed (Sunday only)
    DZ confirmed
    MechEng3 confirmed (Saturday only)
    MixedGas confirmed
    Marconi maybe
    Pangolin (Bill and Hayden) confirmed
    Spec probably
    Steve-o confirmed

So we've got 8 confirmed, and another 2 possible. Assuming $700 rental costs, that puts the per-person cost at a maximum of $87.50, and a potential minimum of $70.00. If we get more members to sign up, obviously the cost will drop.

EDIT: With the new rental price of just $500, that should put the individual share at around $50 - maybe less.
    Last edited by buffo; 08-02-2007 at 15:14.