Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up list for SELEM 2007

Smile Sign up list for SELEM 2007

Ok folks... Reply to this thread if you are coming to SELEM. I'll use the master list as a basis for splitting up the auditorium rental fee. (The total bill is currently estimated at $700, though it might be slightly higher if we can't resolve the whole "licensed electrician" bit.) (EDIT: fee is now $500. Miscommunication between Reggie and me about the rates.)

Please list WHEN you will be arriving (remember that Friday afternoon, 12 to 5, we can show up early and set things up), and how long you will be staying. (The event formally begins Saturday, Aug 18th at 10 AM, and continues Sunday, Aug 19th at 10 AM.)

Also, please include a list of the equipment you plan to bring. (Lasers, projectors, computers, controllers, sound equipment, fog machines, test equipment...)

Finally, a list of the things you NEED from the venue. (110 v power, 220 volt single phase, 208 volt 3 phase, water cooling, etc...)

I started the thread, so I'll go first:

Adam (Buffo) - arriving noon on Friday, staying through Sunday evening. Bringing 400 mw DPSS RGB projector w/ Pangolin QM-32 Pro. Also bringing 2 computers, Mamba Black (no dac), Alphalite w/ DAC, HGM 5 argon w/ dead tube, antari 1200 fog machine (if it still works), and a couple other smaller lasers. Will also bring an oscilloscope and an old-school lissajous generator from MWK industries - circa 1990. Will need 110V for everything except HGM 5 - it needs 220 single phase @ 35 amps.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 08-02-2007 at 15:10.

I hope to be there very early Saturday morning to set up. I have only a whole day so I need to max it out so to speak. I will be bringing the following.....
    1 watt RGB[800mW balanced colors]
    Notebook P/C LDS Pro software Easylase DAC
    Fog machine w/ no-tox fluid...yes you can drink it!
    Sony Home Theater Sound system w/sub
    Table and all support equipment
    I need one 110vac outlet{10A}

I will try and gather my favorite homemade 20mw pointer and a few others .... I have a few other projects...I will see if I can get the other projector together with the widemoves in it. I have just got the 473nm unit back from repair and have not had time to see if it even works. I will be up late tonight to get all this put back in and some testing done.
    Last edited by MechEng3; 07-07-2007 at 02:37.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

About 90% certain I will be there with my RGB DPSS projector, oversized cheesy effects bench, speakers w/small amp, 2 small fog machines and a few other misc things.

I won`t know if I can make it until a few days ahead of time.
    I would also like to suggest having a raffle for door prizes if we can get some donated prizes.
    To start it off I will donate a 50mw 532nm laser pointer I built.
    Last edited by Astroguy; 07-08-2007 at 17:59.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

I have a couple of nice power supplies I could donate. Also a mixed lot of small optical components and small mounts....who knows I will bring something of interest for this!.....may have some cabinets that would make a nice projector enclosure....I will have to go and see what is on hand.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    I would also like to suggest having a raffle for door prizes if we can get some donated prizes.

-hint-hint*wink*wink*pangolin-hint-hint-wink*wink*

Door prizes eh? Never even thought about that. Hmmm... I can probably come up with something cool. Sounds like a neat idea. Anyone else like it?

By the way, just an update: Reggie and I talked today, and he said that if he can't get the electrician issue resolved, he'll send me a "hold harmless" release document that I'll need to sign. Basically it means that if someone gets hurt messing with 3 phase power, they can't sue the theater. (Works for me...) We also talked about the possibility of getting his electrician to log in here to PhotonLexicon to talk to some of our more experienced members about 3 phase power. (I'm sure Marconi, MixedGas, and Dzurcher, not to mention Dreambeamz and Steve-o would enjoy a little electrician geek-speak!)

Reggie also said he would be sending out the sign-up forms to me today. I'm going to send in the deposit to hold the Auditorium so no one else can get it. We are *ON* for Aug 18th and 19th people! Make your plans.

Finally - just a thought for those of you that will be traveling a long way to attend this thing... There is a bed and breakfast that is about a block away from the auditorium. (Seriously - a couple minutes walk!) It's supposed to be *very* nice, and the rates are quite reasonable (especially for a bed & breakfast). They also offer a 10% discount for people involved with the auditorium. So if any of you are interested in staying there, here's the link to their site. (Reggie said it normally runs around $100 per night.) They only have 5 rooms though, so it might fill up... There are motels in the area as well, but the closest ones are about 7-10 minutes drive from the auditorium.

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I wont know for sure until like a week out but I'm coming

lexel 88 or a mixedgas I90MRA (need kilowatts) and water
    90 mW green DPSS and two maxys modules combined
    PCAOM
    EYEMAGICS
    neat small toys
    oscilloscope
    older pango
    probably a analog console
    adat tapes of cool shows.
    may need scaffold if a LSO shows up.

Sound system is provided?

Count me in!
    Probably mid-day sat. thru the nite and sunday till close.
    RGY -if all the parts come in (700 mw) with some sort of idunnowhat show
    30 mw argon 488 blue w/ homebrew (basic-stamp II) ~show~heh
    I have an o-scope but looks like there's plenty already?
    5 mw red module to donate
    table
    large flashlight & small flashlight
    motorized mirror ball
    VOM
    soldering iron?
    voltage tester
    need 120v 15A

I thought this was a private party? Members only or invited guests.....No commerce involved at all...........maybe an in house collection for pizza delivery?