Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ClubSELEM EDM Choices and Scheduling

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Two words - female visitors.
    buffo promised he would do this for us.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I would like to try to maybe DJ a set but would want to use Ableton Live.... I'm kind of a music geek but haven't tried DJ'ing much. I get the ideas, of course.

It looks like diving is getting cancelled this weekend so I'll try to get Ableton Live LE installed again and some tracks imported / metadata setup. (Yes, the license that comes with all those APC40s is useful!)

Any recommendations on a low cost audio interface that has at least 4 channels, two for program two for headphones?

I love all the music you all are mentioning and listen to it a lot. To go a different direction and add to the mix... maybe I can crate dig something more Industrial / FuturePop / Rivety? VNV Nation / Apoptygma Berzerk style? It's all still pretty dancy.

Also I don't see much drum and bass stuff mentioned so that might be another genre I wouldn't mind going after.

Hmm Miami Bass.... downtempo Techmaster PEB / Bass 305. I don't think our neighbors would like us much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Two words - female visitors.
    I brought two last year... trying to get them both back this year... back to you, Brad!

Seriously, I was thinking the same thing. When we set up the club this year I'm going to push for everyone to run their FoH leads along the far wall of the auditorium. If we are able to get people in there, perhaps even dancing, I'd like to make sure there are no trip hazards present.

Wanted to add another artist: VCMG (See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCMG)

It's a collaborative effort from Vince Clarke (Erasure, Yaz, Depeche Mode) and Martin L. Gore (Depeche Mode).

Pretty good techno/EDM record. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0Y...ri8YBEKmDJ-2PT

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    I would like to try to maybe DJ a set but would want to use Ableton Live.... I'm kind of a music geek but haven't tried DJ'ing much. I get the ideas, of course.

It looks like diving is getting cancelled this weekend so I'll try to get Ableton Live LE installed again and some tracks imported / metadata setup. (Yes, the license that comes with all those APC40s is useful!)

Any recommendations on a low cost audio interface that has at least 4 channels, two for program two for headphones?

I love all the music you all are mentioning and listen to it a lot. To go a different direction and add to the mix... maybe I can crate dig something more Industrial / FuturePop / Rivety? VNV Nation / Apoptygma Berzerk style? It's all still pretty dancy.

Also I don't see much drum and bass stuff mentioned so that might be another genre I wouldn't mind going after.

Hmm Miami Bass.... downtempo Techmaster PEB / Bass 305. I don't think our neighbors would like us much.
    Ethan,

As far as I'm concerned, you're on the board of directors here :P My thought was to have you, Will, Kevin and me working together to hash out a schedule, slot in various DJs and publish it all where people can get at it. Aren't you taking some lead on schedule publishing this year? You can work with Sal if you want to integrate it into GroupMe...
    Last edited by hitekvoop; 07-13-2017 at 09:01. Reason: cuz friggin' grammar

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    I brought two last year... trying to get them both back this year... back to you, Brad!

Seriously, I was thinking the same thing. When we set up the club this year I'm going to push for everyone to run their FoH leads along the far wall of the auditorium. If we are able to get people in there, perhaps even dancing, I'd like to make sure there are no trip hazards present.
    I know we've bantered this about a few times and discussed things like liability, alcohol concerns, security and such and, perhaps should have done more over the year to work on some of the ideas for making some aspect of SELEM - be it the auditorium or club - open to the public for a period while we were there. We talked a bit with Davis Ann last year about assistance with advertising "something" since she is local to the area. I've not been in regular contact with her and I don't know if buffo has. We'll be seeing each other next weekend (me and buffo, along with some others) and maybe we can come up with something, albeit last minute. Or at least lay the foundation for something for SELEM 12.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    LOL @ a bunch of middle age guys DJing house music to no audience.
    Yeah, I have no shame... I mean, I regularly DJ for nothing but an audience of very confused, but curious snakes.

I can bring tunes for an hour or two. Let's say new wave and electronic classics. I am pretty rusty mixing so I might pre-mix some stuff or set up a laser synced ableton set.

Quote Originally Posted by scnlns View Post
    I can bring tunes for an hour or two. Let's say new wave and electronic classics. I am pretty rusty mixing so I might pre-mix some stuff or set up a laser synced ableton set.
    You can pre-mix, bring tunes for someone else to mix, or run live Looking forward to meeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    Ethan,

As far as I'm concerned, you're on the board of directors here :P My thought was to have you, Will, Kevin and me working together to hash out a schedule, slot in various DJs and publish it all where people can get at it. Aren't you taking some lead on schedule publishing this year? You can work with Sal if you want to integrate it into GroupMe...
    I offered to help with digital signage type thing, and I talked to Will about trying to get my LED array stuff into .5 meter wide x 2 meter tall sections to hang from vertical trusses, running on gigE between them :-) But Dkumpula is the main scheduler AFAIK :-)

It's all good!!