Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ClubSELEM EDM Choices and Scheduling

This is my first SELEM so yes ill be the new guy!!! But I got A lot of great electronic gems in my noggin. Got a lot of nods at nwlem.. so excited!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E45fogGN_Y8
    Last edited by 10Fenny; 07-16-2017 at 06:54.

I love the idea of having different people mixing in Club-SELEM!

Between Ethan, David, and Rick, I'm sure we can get a loose schedule put together. It would really be cool to have a variety of music to enjoy, and it's also fun as a laserist on a console to try to play along to different music.

Adam

PS: Contrary to what Chris might lead you to believe, I did not volunteer to do any dancing in Club-SELEM (or anywhere else), and I most certainly won't be doing any POLE DANCING WHILE DRESSED AS A T-REX! (sheesh...)
    PSS: Bonus points to anyone who takes the initiative and invites a sorority or woman's volleyball team to hang out in Club-SELEM!

I have been DJing in Santa Cruz recently and would love to play a set if there is still time to fill. I have been playing 2 hour sets that vary in tempo and genre that include artists that others have posted above. I can also do the hard rave thing with hardcore, dnb, trance, etc... I will also be bringing a modular synth which can do that techno stuff.

I am happy to help get messages sent via GroupMe. I was hoping to have a bit more e-infrastructure around scheduling for this year, but I have been out of the game with back pain and haven't spent much time around a computer these past 3 months.

-Sal

Sounds good, Sal.

My thinking is that between maybe 8p-2a Fri/Sat we do 2 hour slots with other times/days being 1 hour slots. Still noodling on a schedule.

I really like the Chemical Brothers album "Further" if anyone is willing to work in some of its tunes into their mix. Its relatively low BPM compared to most of the planned music, but I'm . . old.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    PS: Contrary to what Chris might lead you to believe, I did not volunteer to do any dancing in Club-SELEM (or anywhere else), and I most certainly won't be doing any POLE DANCING WHILE DRESSED AS A T-REX! (sheesh...)
    Everyone has their price, Adam. Everyone has their price . .
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I love the chemical bros. and will be happy to play them for you dk... I will be working on a scheduling app next week for the club and the rest of the events at SELEM. More to come.

-Sal
    Last edited by discothefunkyhippo; 07-17-2017 at 09:32.

Default I didn't expect it to be this funky...

https://www.youtube.com/user/SimGretina if you like Electro Swing...

Last year someone brought vertical standing trusses that had projectors mounted/sitting on them. I think there was 3, correct?

Are they coming back? Any idea what kind of bases they were on (baseplates?) I am planning to modify my LED panels to fit 2 each on them sideways, to form 6' high x 3' wide screens. I just want to co-ordinate with regards to coming up with a nice clean mounting solution. The panels weight maybe 5 pounds each so they're lightweight.

Alrighty, I've caught up on all the music suggestions and input here, and I'm going to try my hand at puting together a couple rough schedule options for everyone to take a look at. My goal with both track/set selection and set ordering is to come up with something like you could get at a festival - an exploration of a mixture of subgenres that musically and emotionally flow well into each other and gradually build energy throughout the night. I have a ton of sets I've been saving that are standouts among various subgenres because of how well they are constructed and how smoothly the tracks (and even musical elements within each track) blend into each other and give you the "musical journey" feel that we're going for. I'm aiming to bring you guys a lot of innovative music you've never heard before, while still keeping it fun to play along with because of how captivating the progression of each set can be.

On the technical side of things, what's the current plan for speakers/amps in the gym? Kevin and I can find/bring anything needed to interface his gear (and probably anyone else's) with the house system as long as we know what kind of inputs and levels to expect. I'll have him post in here with specifics regarding which parts of his setup he's going to bring, but at minimum I would expect 2x Traktor D2 controllers and a Xone DB4 mixer. Traktor is pretty easy to pick up on if you're familiar with the common modern controllers, and doing a crash course every afternoon sounds like a great idea. I know there has also been some chatter about bringing some modular synths for a jam, which might be another way to fill some of that previous dead time in the afternoons.

I'm going to see about fitting my truss in the car to give us a bit more flexibility in the front of the room for mounting stuff, and should have 2-3 beanbags to contribute to the open area as well. Can't wait!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by singlemode View Post
    On the technical side of things, what's the current plan for speakers/amps in the gym?
    Similar to what we had last year. One 18" 1000 W sub, four of the large JBL cabinets (pair of 15" woofers and a large horn), plus four more cabinets with a 12" woofer and a horn each. Total power should be around 7.5 KW RMS. I'll have my mixer, and Brad may bring one of his as well, just in case we have issues with mine.

We can bring line-level audio into the mixer (either mixer) on either 3 pin XLR, balanced 1/4 inch, or RCA if need be. Output to the amps (from the mixer) will be balanced 1/4 inch, since that's what my mixer supports. Daisy-chain cables between the amps will be a mix of 3-pin XLR and balanced 1/4 inch. So just a single run from front of house to the "stage" area where the trusses and speakers will be, and then lots of jumpers in that area... Brad and I plan to set that sound system up fairly early on Tuesday, once we have the power distribution panel hooked up.

A note about audio in the gym: We have *GOT* to be mindful of the residents surrounding the venue. We got shut down last year due to multiple noise complaints. If that happens again this year, we could end up being banned from the facility. So after 10 PM we must ensure that the volume level is reasonable. If you can hear the music across the street, it's too loud. Let's all make an effort to ensure the police don't have to pay us a visit this year!

Adam