Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FEELER for TEXLEM II 2017 in HOUSTON

Default FEELER for TEXLEM II 2017 in HOUSTON FLOODED OUT

Dates

last weekend in Oct 27 to 29-a Halloween LEM
    or Oct 20 to 23
    or Nov 3-to 5
    Lg nice 3 bedroom home has been 'donated'
    close to Hobby Houston Airport=see no need for rental cars.
    we can do that.
    BBQ provided by my cook-off team. so we stay free and eat there..
    its a residential area==so very loud music--not so great...but within reason OK
    AND 'we' meet first.. do a widow laser show from dark till midnight pass out the candy I think we will have no problems .
    my list of fun stuff is longer than we will have time for ..so no lacking there.

len
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 08-27-2018 at 18:25. Reason: Hurricane Harvey
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

I have waited for this experience...but not sure I can attend services at this moment...as my spouse reminds me: "For Scotland!" ...this is in reference to a possible trip to Scotland next year...A Bucket List item is to put my hands on the walls of Kisimul Castle in Castlebay Scotland...home base of the Clan MacNeil! I expressed a desire to do this to my extended family, with whom we go on Disney Adventures...and Now we are in the planning stages! I told my wife that I am curtailing extra expenditures...such as my bane: Cool T-shirts!...(But...being retired...I don't have many people to show them off to). I stated this curtailment is: For Scotland! as in a battle cry. I AM going to SELEM 11 next month...I got a $200 Delta Airlines voucher Last year because...due to a computer meltdown...I was delayed departing and Missed a Whole day of SELEM 10 last year...which has paid for Most of airfare This year...And I paid my registration, hotel and rental car Before the plans to go to Scotland formulated. But...I Will be following the development of this event...Just In Case...and Thank You for your efforts!

Hi Len,

Sounds fun! Timing not so great for me

Oct 21 - Gig
    Nov 4 - Gig

Oct 27-29 open, BUUUUUT Halloween party will probably take place this weekend.

:/

When I began working on TEXLEM II --(during TEXLEM 2012) I knew it had to be affordable , if not for all, at least for me. ..and so far ...this is going to happen.
    the first two invitees were Rod and Rick.

Rick (& Tiffany) have done me HUGE favors (as has Rod) that I will never be able to pay back.
    Rod gave me a place to sleep while in Austin and we had a sweet pop=up mini LEM..it was super.

Rick &Lady Tiff has also invited me into their home like I was kin.

AND twice they allowed me to ride w/ them to SELEM.
    w/o them I was going to be a SELEM no-show.

THUSLY-- I am hoping they can come down to Houston and give me a chance to do some 'payback'
    I first met Rod at TEXLEM 2012- and it was a less than perfect deal== as only one dorm room had a bed-- I thought I tested well the six air beds I brought-- apparently NOT as when I check on Rod the second day he was lying on a deflated air mattress and it was clear he had not gotten much sleep --very sorry Rod--let me make this up to you please. And your wife is more than welcome.

This very nice venue/home has not been occupied for some time--those next door are used to NO cars=No noise etc coming from the house. And the homes are quite close to each other...what to do???
    aha

Do a RP window Halloween Laser show for the kids and pass out great treats-- however --that falls on tue and pretty much the end of the event. for that ^^^ no prob me doing alone- & I will have already met each neighbor and they will know about the laser show for the kids..

will take some pics and do video..

hope its a nice ending to a super week.. :-)
    but I will very likely still be packing up and can stay one more night to please the neighbors AD the kiddos.

I will be knocking on doors the week before and handing out cards w/ my phone numbers so, if needed they can call us should there be need= we will need to be mindful when /where parking etc.

if you miss a local party--c'mon... there will be future Halloween parties BUT only ONE TEXLEM II.
    .. who knows it may be my LAST LEM. (I turned 70 on July 3). AND ATM it looks like the stars and planets are perfectly aligned for this.

No cost for the 'venue' ..and 'Indoor Camping' at the site --we all eat no matter where we are.
    BUT with the smoked animals I can bring we can feast on a dime.

--so subtract those savings from your overall costs to attend and it becomes a no=brainer

-- My list of possible 'attendees' numbers over 20-- so if only half can come.. IMO its still a big success.

One room WILL be dedicate to LUMIA'

I have >nine gas lasers to use w/ 145mW lumia Argon ML six lines. 3 green HeNes and one yellow HeNe= LOTS of red HeNes ( *may* add a red Hene to the door prize pool.) == and more 'glass movers' than lasers!!-- this event will be a photogs dream... IIRC the living room has vaulted ceiling. I will begin setting up the week before.. and staying over till after Tue.
    You will meet Dr Chuck of AixiZ who is our host and resides just a few bocks away.

What we are lacking AM:

More confirmed attendees

WiFi for the event.

Laser Stands

Confirmed (tentively)
    Displaser--bringing lasers and small sound system for one of rooms plus more.
    ^^ he will do a LUMIA demo-and all will go home with A FREE handmade 'glass torture tube' .
    Hak host..

Laserdock vs. Helios (Maxwell abstract generator)________

LSX vs. QS vs. Beyond. .both tutorials and demos

APC 40 Beyond tutorial/demo

If we can get Tim Walsh to come-- he does a great demo on tuning scanners.

Photo Op set=ups
    Tunnel EFX
    Liquid sky
    and more.

what we likely do NOT need
    6x6 movie screen
    white sheets to cover the black plastic
    scrims and rigging
    sound sys.
    name tags and liability waivers.

I still have some airbeds I can bring as well as bedding , pillows etc
    AFAIK the house has appliances and I will bring towels. blankets. pillows etc for all.
    I have all the pots/pans we will need.
    and paper plates/ plastic ware etc.

rental cars== we need to NOT have more parked cars at the event
    than necessary and we can pick anyADone up that needs a ride to & from Hobby Houston Airport
    (very close)--BUSH airport however is 'way' north of Houston & we will be in SE Houston ..EAST
    of Pearland.

we DO need
    a LOGO -with TEXLEM II 2017 and AixiZ Laser used.

Ideas on T-Shirts or other event momentos..mybe engraved Yeti style 30oz mugs-- Aladan makes nice one cheap

like a nice patch we can sew onto a shirt ourselves etc.

AixiZ has a nice really laser engraver & I will see if we can have it at the event to both demo AND use for any engravings we want..so think about what you can bring to be engraved.

I figure that the lower we can keep the cost of TEXLEM II the higher the attendance.
    AND a good Houston LEM will help future LEMs (everywhere_)including TEXLEM 2018.(in DFW or Austin areas)

PM w/ Qs
    Len

I *may* not even need payments in advance.
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 07-30-2017 at 13:45.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-