Thread: I am in need of a Scanlab RTC4 card

Default I am in need of a Scanlab RTC4 card

I just picked up a telesis zenith 10F pulsed fiber 1064nm laser. What was not included is the Scanlab galvo RTC4 card. I am not rich though! I would be interested in trading some of my laser "gems" and possibly cash. I have a lot of nice lasers; coherent 215-15 dpss 532nm, laser quantum gem 500mw rated will do 1w, Dilas 780nm - 1080nm 50w fiber coupled LD package. Qty of 24 big storage caps 2200mfd 450vdc 550v max surge. The list is endless.

That Coherent 215 ought to be of interest to some of our holography enthusiasts!

Not terribly familiar with the card you're looking for, but it does appear that they go for around $700 on E-bay. (Several listings)

Adam

Hi,
    for 99% there is xy2-100 protocol cos rtc4 uses it.
    If you need it for engraving purposes go with HALaser.
    I recommend E1803 or E1701. First one is for c.a. 500 Euros and second one is for c.a. 250 Euros. The second one should be enough.
    Very good software for Windows and Linux is free, but with these cards you will get PRO license which is costly.
    Best

radbis,
    Thanks for the good information, I had previously tried to purchase one of those on ebay but I did not bid in time. I am seriously considering buying one from HALaser. I really like the standalone feature, being able to run a file from an SD-card. Do you have one of these that you use?

Hi Kiddestructo,
    No, not yet. Have been offered and talked with Michael from HALaser. Just bought a weeks ago Raylase SS-20 and separately Dilas diode laser and have to check everything before buying next thing and must collect $$$ first before it, of course Because my things are from different vendors and won't have everything integrated then probably I will decide for the chipper one. I need mostly xy2-100 working - power, speed, interlocks and other parameters I will do manually. But if you would to have it automated with profiles in their free app, then you could go with extensions for 1701 or buy the highest one 1803 which better analog laser power steering 0..10V instead 0..5V - check your laser if is analog.