Thread: Ivan Dryers memorial

Default Ivan Dryers memorial

So I took the weekend to drive down to Los Angeles to pay my respects to Ivan Dryer.
    There were a few faces I recognized and met some new people.
    Ivans brother David delivered the eulogy and mentioned a number of people from here and facebook and read their quotes regarding Ivan's contributions and creations and how these individuals were inspired by Ivans work and dreams.
    Its sad to see a great creator like Ivan go, but it feels good to know that he truly is in a better place with his beloved Carol.
    Godspeed Ivan Dryer, thank you for creating the laser artform we all enjoy here.
    -Nate.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

I wish I could have been there. He won't be forgotten for sure. I had emailed david all the files I made for Ivan.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    So I took the weekend to drive down to Los Angeles to pay my respects to Ivan...
    Appreciated seeing you down here, Nate, that's no-small 'just down the block' jaunt.. I am sure Ivan will appreciate that effort.. Also, you 'giving him' that Prism on his casket was just priceless, Man... I gave him a scan / lumia-glass, and someone else, there, had given him a chunk of amethyst crystal (which would make some great diffraction-fx.. so, between us, I'm sure he's already effectively well-along 'creating more shows'..

I'll post these as ILDA-files, once I get a chance to finish colorizing them / etc.. Been a super-oversaurated couple weeks, Oi..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ID_03_ID is Spock.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	52680 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ID_03_StuB Pstr2.jpg 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	52681 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ID_73_ScrmTxt.jpg 
Size:	264.9 KB 
ID:	52682 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ID_73_SpacedOut.jpg 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	52683

RIP, Cap'n..

PJ, I'll try and shoot ya that art we discussed, I've just been slammulated.. Ttys.
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...