Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in central florida?

We might be able to make that work... Let's see what others say, and if there is interest, I'll get with the venue and reserve it.

Adam

That is probably a good time for me to come down. Although was originally thinking maybe we should just have our own ILDA conference the same week in Nov. But a couple weeks later would be fun too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 50ShadesOfDamon View Post
    LOL... Well I need to find some that are semi local so I can bring my laser and watch shows and drink some beer or scotch! =p

- - - Updated - - -

Lets make it first week in dec after the FSU UF game. I am a photog for Florida State so I am gone every weekend lol.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Default Works for me

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    That is probably a good time for me to come down. Although was originally thinking maybe we should just have our own ILDA conference the same week in Nov. But a couple weeks later would be fun too.
    Just let me know... so much to learn with these temperamental machines.

I'm in O-town too.
    I would say there is a fairly large concentration of laserists in Florida. Maybe more than other parts of the U.S.

FELEM is coming up soon.

I hope.....Adam?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    I'm in O-town too.
    I would say there is a fairly large concentration of laserists in Florida. Maybe more than other parts of the U.S.

FELEM is coming up soon.

I hope.....Adam?

Chris
    Was just thinking I might be due for a trip to Florida like a I did a few years ago. I hit FLEM, family, Key Largo for some diving and south of Miami to a cool arcade among other things.

I assume no FLEM in April?

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Was just thinking I might be due for a trip to Florida like a I did a few years ago. I hit FLEM, family, Key Largo for some diving and south of Miami to a cool arcade among other things.

I assume no FLEM in April?
    Sorry for being out of touch lately guys! Life has been rather crazy for me lately...

An April FLEM is still in the cards, if people can make it work with their schedules. I'm going to be tied up through the 22nd for sure, but after that I can probably make something happen. May is looking good as well. Just let me know what works for people...

The diving idea sounds cool. I know Justin from Pangolin had expressed interest in doing something with us the next time we hosted a FLEM. So once we figure out a weekend I'll see what I can work out. There are some interesting freshwater dive sites in central Florida that would dovetail nicely with a FLEM. Maybe go diving Friday morning and then head to the venue that afternoon for setup? Thoughts?

Also, SELEM planning is well underway and I'll be posting the sign-up thread soon. Just need some last-minute info from the hotel.

And again - I apologize for my absence recently. Going to try to make more time for PL in the coming months!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Sorry for being out of touch lately guys! Life has been rather crazy for me lately...

An April FLEM is still in the cards, if people can make it work with their schedules. I'm going to be tied up through the 22nd for sure, but after that I can probably make something happen. May is looking good as well. Just let me know what works for people...

The diving idea sounds cool. I know Justin from Pangolin had expressed interest in doing something with us the next time we hosted a FLEM. So once we figure out a weekend I'll see what I can work out. There are some interesting freshwater dive sites in central Florida that would dovetail nicely with a FLEM. Maybe go diving Friday morning and then head to the venue that afternoon for setup? Thoughts?

Also, SELEM planning is well underway and I'll be posting the sign-up thread soon. Just need some last-minute info from the hotel.

And again - I apologize for my absence recently. Going to try to make more time for PL in the coming months!

Adam
    I've actually dove both Blue Grotto and Devils Den. Both are caverns inland.

Ah cool! So far I've been looking at taking work vacation last week of April or first week of May, or both.
    But obviously it doesn't revolve around me -- do what ya gotta do!

Well, it looks like I'll be traveling for work the last 2 weeks in April, so that means we'll have to look at early May for a FLEM.

I'll check on the venue and see what's available. Would the 4th-6th be better for people, or maybe the 11th-13th? (Or even later?)

Adam

I will not be able to do 11-13th. I have tickets to see a show in Tampa that Saturday night.
    Chris

OK, so I guess that first weekend is the one to shoot for then... I'll check with the triangle boat club.

Adam