Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 24 - Surfleet Village Hall - Friday 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th April 2018 UK

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I think I know better than to venture upstairs at this point. From what I've read, dozing off in a chair on the first floor can be dangerous enough!
    PM Sent...

Watch out for sheep up there also
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    Watch out for sheep up there also
    Especially from Rob; knowing his latest ovine roof dealings!
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

I've heard Jim also accepts potato's (peseta), if you have any old currency
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    I've heard Jim also accepts potato's (peseta), if you have any old currency
    I've heard Jim also accepts payment in swarf.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

You are fucking bang on there Briggs, he's loves a good bag if my swarf
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

7 weeks from now, I will be dozing at the Mermaid Inn looking forward to 9am Friday. Can't tell you how many times this week I have Google "driven" around the area, seen the hall, charted the navigation from Heathrow and back with train and bus numbers and times and such. SOOOO ready to get the heck out of here and go on this trip! Can't believe it's finally getting within the grasp of reality.
    PM Sent...

Have a blast,Brad!

Looking forward to meeting you Brad

Ok so.... serious question. (Since I am trying to figure out what to bring with me.) I'm not likely going to pack a laser since I assume there are plenty of them there. But I'm planning to bring a bunch of shows and the necessary means to play them and my hope is, I'll have a bunch of material not seen by you all before. For example, I don't know how many of you have ever seen a Christopher Short (Swamidog) abstract show in any other fashion except as a Youtube video, or any of Jason Salt (saltydog's) LSX work. There is a lot of older historic content I have as well to watch and (hopefully) enjoy, both as beams or as graphics. However, I don't know the normal format of your LEM. I've been to some LEM's where it's more about tinkering with equipment and fixing this or soldering that, rather than actually playing anything.
    SELEM is a bit unique in that, we have several spaces where people can go to enjoy whatever aspect of a LEM it is they enjoy. Whether that's sitting and watching shows all day and night or, tinkering around with ions for hours trying to get a crusty old tube to fire or, creating a club like atmosphere where people can jump on consoles and play live with a performing DJ into the early hours of the morning or, a whole area dedicated to showing off technology their working on - whether that's software creation, building and programming LED panels, RC airplanes, cars and quadcopters, experiments with writing with laser on glow in the dark paint or whatever. Plus another area for instructional seminars and such. Some just wander from area to area joining in whatever conversation strikes their fancy. I know you don't run your LEM's in quite that fashion.
    What generally fills up your four days? Any structure to it? Is there a sound system and, will people sit and watch any shows if I brought them?
    Oh, and is there a Buy/Sell/Trade area set aside for things?
    PM Sent...