Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin FB3 questions and a video

Default Pangolin FB3 questions and a video

ok heres a vid of the FB3

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...mpound2780.flv

now the questions

the scan speed - is 50% 30k??? if so whats 40k as i have dt40's???

i want to enclose the fb3 in a plastic box does it need a fan to keep it cool???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Looks like its working well.

yes nearly perfect just need to know what % is in kkps
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi Andy
    Welcome to the Alter of pangolin lovers , its certainly seems top quality .
    Strange , your first countdown was backwards , but your second countdown ( 2002 ) was the correct way round ...strange old thing lasers.

Anyways at the moment i dont think theres that mnay here with FB3 .... so your going to have to answer a lot of your own questions thru experimentation and reading methinks .

You seem kinda obsessed over the 30 v 40k question .... its a slider ...the fb3 comes out the box with it set at 30k , and the slider set in the middle ...and things perform well ..yes ? Surely to push the scan rate to 40k you slider the slider up another bit ! ? ... i dont hink your going to get a definitive answer as to where to put the slider for 40k you might have to just guess

Have fun , good music on the vid

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Hi Andy
    Welcome to the Alter of pangolin lovers , its certainly seems top quality .
    Strange , your first countdown was backwards , but your second countdown ( 2002 ) was the correct way round ...strange old thing lasers.

Anyways at the moment i dont think theres that mnay here with FB3 .... so your going to have to answer a lot of your own questions thru experimentation and reading methinks .

You seem kinda obsessed over the 30 v 40k question .... its a slider ...the fb3 comes out the box with it set at 30k , and the slider set in the middle ...and things perform well ..yes ? Surely to push the scan rate to 40k you slider the slider up another bit ! ? ... i dont hink your going to get a definitive answer as to where to put the slider for 40k you might have to just guess

Have fun , good music on the vid

PAUL

yes i am obsessed with the scan speed id otn want to blow my dt40.

so if they are already set for 30k then thats 100%??? when i open the software is set in the middle at 100%
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

If TD40s are clones of CTs then speeds should be.....20kpps@40degrees 30kpps@20degrees and 40kpps@10degrees and 50kpps@5degrees

BTW are TD40s are 40degrees ones of they are only 20?

ok so in the scan angle, what is 100%????
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    ok so in the scan angle, what is 100%????
    Hi Andy

You determine the angle your scanning at , and then set you speed accordingly. Measure the maximum width of your image and divide by the distance from the scanners to the image . Use a scientific calculator with trig functions on it, and do a tan function on the above result. ( Please anyone correct me if my trig is wrong, its been a while ! ) . The result will tell you the scan angle.

Personally, I start at 30 k and back the speed down to get the best image , least flicker combination, and go with that. I try not to get into the numbers game. Since your using stock images you don't know what speed they were written at , or the angle . So play and enjoy.

Nice pics by the way !

I have a few fb3's . Does the dmx operate, or the remote user interface ? I see the sockets are there.

If you do a screen shot of the software, I'll try and point you in right direction.

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

ok cheers mate.

i unplugged everything to put it into a box, does the power cable plug into the bottom board???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat