Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US Laser Peeps... SELEM vets and others...

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Geeze, Aaron.... don't give him any ideas!!!

Geeze, I have no freaking idea why I called you Aaron, Adam. Brain fart or something. Sorry.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

See??? We're not getting any younger. You should go to the UKLEM while you can still remember the good time! ��
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Geeze, I have no freaking idea why I called you Aaron, Adam. Brain fart or something. Sorry.
    No big deal I've just been sobbing for the last 12 hours because nobody loves me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Wait... laser related travel for DiscoLEM?? You walk up the friggin' steps!!
    I go up and down the stairs a lot in preparation. It is like a damn stairmaster (but at least my thighs are looking great)!

Humm.... so lets think about this. In the subsequent year you're still going to go to SELEM. You're still going to go to FLEM. You're still going to host a DiscoLEM. So... it appears LDI is the real issue here. You're doing that in 2017! UKLEM is April 2018... that's a different laser related calendar/fiscal year. Jus' sayin'
    Well, if I got paid for the entire year on Jan 1 you might have a point, but I fully support blaming Swamidog for my non-attendance . . Cheating bastard that he is!

Oh . . Any interest in LDI, folks?? At least Adam R. (AKA Aaron), Swamidog, and myself are going. I assume some of the Pangolin folks will be as well.

David
    Last edited by dkumpula; 09-02-2017 at 03:55.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I don't know what I have going on in April -- I should be well past MAGFest and the Vintage Computer Festival. I'm not against going to UKLEM if time and stuff fits!

When I went to the Chaos Communications Camp outside of Berlin, something randomly awesome happened. I saw the prior CCC had lasers, but 2015 didn't (event only happens every 4 years.) A friend from the UK knew "the laser guy" and they were friends, so we all meet up and chatted for hours! Turns out the "laser guy" who knows my ex-coworker is HobbyBob from this forum, and he runs DutchLEM! He is friend with MasterPJ, and I missed that years SELEM because of CCC. I think MasterPJ went to SELEM that year so I was thinking how my ex-coworker's friend is friend with the dude from the Netherlands that is now at the event that I'm missing in North Carolina because I'm in Germany talking to this guy. Cue Its_a_small_world.mp3. Or .flac if you're snotty. HobbyBob is totally cool!! DutchLEM is on my bucket list as well!

The year I went to CCC, one of the other guys who was on the trip (Hachi who went to CarribLEM ;-) ) actually convinced us all to go to London before Germany - we did and it was great!

The flight to London isn't that bad at all time wise either.

Anyways, UKLEM sounds cool. Consider me a maybe!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Cool I’m hoping others are giving it some consideration as well. I know buffo’s life is a bit crazy right now but he’s thinking about it too.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    I don't know what I have going on in April -- I should be well past MAGFest and the Vintage Computer Festival. I'm not against going to UKLEM if time and stuff fits!

When I went to the Chaos Communications Camp outside of Berlin, something randomly awesome happened. I saw the prior CCC had lasers, but 2015 didn't (event only happens every 4 years.) A friend from the UK knew "the laser guy" and they were friends, so we all meet up and chatted for hours! Turns out the "laser guy" who knows my ex-coworker is HobbyBob from this forum, and he runs DutchLEM! He is friend with MasterPJ, and I missed that years SELEM because of CCC. I think MasterPJ went to SELEM that year so I was thinking how my ex-coworker's friend is friend with the dude from the Netherlands that is now at the event that I'm missing in North Carolina because I'm in Germany talking to this guy. Cue Its_a_small_world.mp3. Or .flac if you're snotty. HobbyBob is totally cool!! DutchLEM is on my bucket list as well!
    Indeed how cool it was to meet you.
    And DutchLEM will be Feb 9 until Feb 11th of 2018.
    Would be cool if you can make it over Telmnstr !

Also i am visiting EMF (Electro Magnetic Field, hackercamp) next year 2018.

So if you cant make UKLEM maybe we see eachother on EMF ? It was totally cool meeting a new person on a hackerfestival and talk for hours about lasers and how cool of a hobby we have...

Looking forward seeing you mate!
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

I'm sadly not making it to LDI but I have set cash aside for selem 2018. I will be there for sure.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    I'm sadly not making it to LDI but I have set cash aside for selem 2018. I will be there for sure.
    you better bring me stroopwafles
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    you better bring me stroopwafles
    Will be packed with plenty!