Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [URGENT] Goldenstarlaser 10W module and scanner are not functioning

Default [URGENT] Goldenstarlaser 10W module and scanner are not functioning

I got a projector built which uses the Goldenstarlaser 10W module and the GS40 scanner.
    I have sent them an email but there's a chance we will find an answer here sooner, since I have a deadline (one day!).

This is not my first projector built, but first to use this scanner and module.

The issue is the module outputs static white full power beam, scanner doesn't scan. There are two 3 step switches on each (R, G, B) driver. Both are in the middle by default.
    I don't know what these are for, nor what should be set. The fact that the RGB module outputs full power beam when no ILDA cable or DAC is connected I think means this is a static beam mode, but since there are two switches and each has 3 positions I don't know what to set. I tried random combinations but all except the middle produce no output.

The scanners are also not moving.

To be fair to Goldenstar, this could also be a an issue with the DAC or software. I'm using a Helios DAC and LSX and this is the first time I'm using Helios so that might be the issue. I haven't installed anything for Helios on my Windows 10 64 bit PC but LSX recognizes it and the DAC shows two orange leds when running.

And to be fair to both Goldenstar and Helios, this could be an issue with my build, even though I've built projectors before.
    This is the connection I'm using: https://pangolin.com/ilda-laser-pinout/
    Pin 4 and 17 are shorted together via a safety key.
    Pin 8-13, 21-25 are unused (this includes the ilda GND).
    I use the same standard rainbow ribbon cable for the signal cables as I always have.
    I twist the R, G, B, scanner X, Y signal cables together even though I don't have to.

Case is aluminum.

There are not one but two projectors and Helios DACs, this decreases possibility of faulty DAC, module, scanner.

Any ideas?
    Anyone use that Goldenstar driver?

Have a show planned tomorrow... oh boy...
    Last edited by aku; 12-07-2017 at 05:29.

the first switch is irrelevant the second switch should be in the analog or A position

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ILDAserial-RGBpinout.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	53277 .......

Update:

1) colors and modulations DO have some effect on the scanned single dot. More points make it flicker, more red in the graphics make it look more reddish etc. However, the switches in any position except middle only red, only green or only blue graphics show nothing.

2) tried ILD SOS as well, same

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    the first switch is irrelevant the second switch should be in the analog or A position
    Okay second switch has 3 states, middle one is always on state. Dunno why it is called T-. When the switch is on T+ or A nothing is projected...

Here is the galvo driver, theres two of this. Should be a copy of the DT driver. let me know if you see any mistake in the connection. Top right connector goes to the galvo, bottom right now is for 24V PSU, left one is for signal from ilda connector.

I will be so pissed to find out they havent tuned the scanners and that is the reason they are not scanning.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post

Name:	ILDAserial-RGBpinout.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	53277 .......
    \
    Looks correct, connectors 8-13 and 21-25 I didnt use and 4 and 17 are shorted.
    Last edited by aku; 12-07-2017 at 05:29.

well t+ is ttl and A is analog so one of those 2 should work t- is reverse where the beam is on until pulled to ground so you would not use that mode (but it is useful to do alignment or quick test with out controller )

http://pangolin.com/resguide12.htm

Name:	PowerConnections.gif 
Views:	9 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	53283 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image006.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	53284

Why is interlock pins connected to DC ground in that diagram? Mine arent

Update: After setting the mode on the drivers to A (Analog, I got the blue channel from the ILDA working correctly. It modulates.
    But as for red, green, and scanner X and Y, nothing.

Does this give any hints?

For the record I tried both projectors and both Helios DACs, Windows 7 and 10 PCs and one 40 meter and one 10 centimeter ILDA cables.

EDIT: trhe blue pins are the middle ones, so the easiest explanation would be connections are done in reverse (mirror)

You say you didn't use pin 25 on the ILDA connector.
    This is the ILDA ground.
    Try grounding the negative pins of the colour channels to pin 25 and see what happens. Also, try grounding the ILDA ground to your baseplate.
    These things are generally grounding issues.
    Bad tuning wouldn't stop your scanners working at all.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I attached the module driver informations
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1WOEM-2driver.pdf  

up.jpg  

Last edited by whiteg; 12-01-2017 at 07:58.