Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Getting kind of thin on real posts

Hi kecked.

I just hang back and read the threads waiting for someone to ask about something I can help with.

Not much new around here.

I had not seen that chip. Looks pretty cool.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I've had to throw out most of my stuff over the past 5 months to avoid being evicted from my efficiency apartment for hoarding. Sadly that included a lot of laser projects.
    I am keeping a small set of projects that can live in plastic storage boxes and not scare the inspector.
    That said, I am still hoping to work on things...
    I brought the Moai stereolithography printer to SELEM. It's a galvo set with 405nm pointing up into the bottom of a vat of photopolymer.
    https://peopoly.net/
    I got a set of the 9W NIR fiber coupled diodes, which I plan to use with galvos and an f-theta lens to make a laser soldering station.
    I have another plan for a display application but I want to actually build it before talking about it so dkumpula doesn't beat me to it. :-)
    I kept the parts for the digital PCAOM driver, and the sweep generator box that Steve sold me. Acousto-Optical Deflection is narrow angle, but fast. Surplus ones from laser microscopes are starting to show up.
    Separately, I kept the tubes for the Scanimate re-creation that I want to do. I have been told that it can all be done in software, but I don't have the money for all the IP licenses (HP patented "Digital Phosphor") and the patents on the original should all be expired now. That project would be available for commissions (think Youtube channel intros) once set up.

Quote Originally Posted by DanBarlow View Post
    I've had to throw out most of my stuff over the past 5 months to avoid being evicted from my efficiency apartment for hoarding. Sadly that included a lot of laser projects.
    Ouch, that must have hurt!

I have another plan for a display application but I want to actually build it before talking about it so dkumpula doesn't beat me to it. :-)
    Smart move, Dan!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Ouch, that must have hurt!
    Kind of like a very long root canal. Painful but necessary. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Seems not much innovation anymore. Posts are getting thin. It's all adverts for buying or selling and not a group buy in ages. Have we reached the end of interest....
    ... is this eventually a "real post"?

http://photonlexicon.com/forums/show...395#post340395

Viktor

I hope something kicks off a few interesting projects and builds again that people are willing to share.. I actually had an interesting concept I'd like to make a post about soon. But first I want to get something ready image wise and test build wise so the topic starts off better.

I also do agree as what has been said earlier: A lot of the conversation has been moved to facebook.. the problem I can see though is the lack of archival of the valuable information that is shared there.