Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More homebrew - Dual Diode setup

If anyone needs a good laugh goto: alt.lasers and look at the cheap marlboro b4 it's gone ..3 days

It actually reminds me of the fisrt time i witnessed computer speech recognition in action. This guy had installed it on an old 486 pc with about a 33meg cpu and i think 4 mb ram. The software ran - just - but he had not attempted to train it or configure it in any way. when you spoke into the mic the text that came out on screen - eventually - was the most surreal reading I have ever done ....until now.
    we had a bloody good laugh that day

Rob

I went back and looked at it closely, and my guess is it takes a real paragraph or five, then looks for recognised proper names, nouns and verbs, then changes them by looking up alternatives in name lists or a thesaurus. Even if not, I think that idea might weave some psychedelia.

That line in there about Gregory opening doses was just surreal. My avatar resembles that remark.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o
    If anyone needs a good laugh goto: alt.lasers and look at the cheap marlboro...
    AHHHH! My head asplode!

Seriously, that's some of the worst gibberish I've seen. I have gotten a couple spams at work that have similar text in the body of the message, but that message was really crazy. I think it's designed to make it through todays modern spam filters. (For sure it made it past the ones at work, at least for a couple weeks.) The spam is in the title, though I coudn't find a link in the body to the site that's selling the stuff, so it's hardly effective spam. (Maybe he's just testing out the text to see if it works on a grand scale?)

Either way, it's wierd as hell!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    If anyone needs a good laugh goto: alt.lasers and look at the cheap marlboro b4 it's gone ..3 days
    Hey steve-o just wondering what exactly does this have to do with my dual red?

Are you suggesting my description is in a similar vein?

Rob

Oh-gee
    hmm i went back and looked at the original post of yours Rob (nice work!) andit seems that this thread got off the beat and path just alittle uh--
    sometimes i get disoriented where i am..

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Oh-gee
    hmm i went back and looked at the original post of yours Rob (nice work!) andit seems that this thread got off the beat and path just alittle uh--
    sometimes i get disoriented where i am..
    hehehehe - ya dont say!!!

Rob

I know it's hard to believe..