Thread: Pangolin Beyond Advanced

Default Pangolin Beyond Advanced

Hey,

I'm going to sell a pangolin beyond advanced license together witch a qm2000 basic card.

Price: 850€

Best regards

Thomas

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Humm... very tempting. What is the serial number of the card?
    PM Sent...

Hi,

I'm going to bundle the qm2000 card with a net box interface for additional 100€!

Thomas

Hi,

Price dropes to 850€ including the qm2000 bet box.

Let’s review the offer: beyond advanced and LD2000 basic wirh network ability.

Thomas

For any newbie (or advanced) hobbyists that don't have Beyond, this is really an amazing deal. Thomas and I have talked about it and if I really had an actual *need* this would have been gone long ago.
    PM Sent...

Hi,

Price drop: 800€ for the whole set

Thomas

How does an advanced license with a basic card play out? Any limitations imposed due to this combo?

Thanks,
    Brad

Both items were the intermediate level of their respective product. The card (QM2000) was sold along with LD2000 software in three flavors. Intro, Basic and Professional. Beyond software is sold as Essentials, Advanced and Ultimate.
    So, you're getting the mid level feature set of both LD2000 and Beyond. The card itself normally would have been installed in a PCI slot of a desktop computer (or a docking station for a laptop) and the .net box was created for the card to be installed into and act more like an FB4 does now - connecting to your computer via an Ethernet jack. The drawback to a .net box versus an FB4 or FB3 is the need to be able to plug it into the wall for power so... one more thing taking up space on a power strip.
    As far as limitations, generally you shouldn't be limited that much for standalone control of a projector. However, it's not going to do all of the things an FB4 can do. The QM2000 was essentially it's own standalone computer on a card. When you went to play a show, that show file got loaded directly into the memory of the card and played from the card, not a hard drive or the computers memory. I *think* that a QM, FB3 and or FB4 could all be connected to the same Beyond session and be able to carry signal to separate projectors. Others can certainly chime in if they wish since I don't recall all of the ins and outs to be able to mention any other limitations.
    PM Sent...

Brad,

Thanks for the explanation.

I'd like to learn Beyond, and was just pondering whether this could be a reasonable path to get set up.

The extra wall wart won't be an issue in my case... I'll have larger power concerns, related to the three phase fort the ion systems. Lol.

Brad