Thread: Lumia during the day

Default Lumia during the day

I have an event opportunity coming up at a major museum. The event is from 2pm until 10pm-ish. They want dazzling stuff all day long, after 5 there will be lasers for sure, but between 2pm and then, I'm wondering what to do. It's a "church-like" space, with 100 windows. There might be some areas that are less bright than others. I'm wondering if Lumia during the day in a place like this might be feasible, and at what power level? The brightest I've done is 2W RGB laser into plexiglass I hit with a heat gun sandwiched with some shower-glass. The stuff did not melt, and the lumia looks incredible. I don't know at what laser power level the lumia material i'm using would melt, and if i need to upgrade my lumia materials as well as the laser power for this daytime event.

Or is Lumia during the daytime a silly enterprise and I should not even bother?

Another concept for the daytime was to "wrap" the building in diffraction grating film, if its a cloudy day that would be a big waste though, but if its sunny it could be breathtaking. Anyone have any clever ideas along these lines?

Scan during the day Lumia at night unless you can figure out a way to shade your "screen". You might want to say, "Oh hell no!" to stupid expectations in the future, but that's just a suggestion.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Our lumiators (seen at last years ILDA con) are around 2w monochrome, work ok in shaded daylight. But you can’t compete with the sun...
    Runs with Lasers