Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ouch

Impressive,Chuck!
    My fave is a 1960 Gibson MelodyMaker. (heavily modified w/internal active electronics i designed back in the 80's)
    Now if we just has a drummer willing to pack a kit- or e-drums w/amp and a few suggestions for tunes we'd have a laser-concert!
    Btw- maybe we could change threads- this one's called 'ouch' - 'course that may fit well - depending-.. on.. how we sound heh

Cool

Well, we'll need to watch the time... Got an awful lot of stuff planned already: Steve Roberts is bringing all sorts of toys (including a Kr/Ar whitelight and a Lexel 88), and will be tuning Galvos too... Bill Benner will be there with both Flashback 3 controllers *and* QM-2000 hardware to demo, plus he'll also be tuning galvos... (BTW: Hayden Hale will be coming with Bill... WOOT!) David Zurcher will have his analog effects bench there, plus his regular projector. Oh yeah, and DreamBamz said he might be able to bring a Lexel 95 in addition to his DPSS rig!

Anyway, in light of all the other stuff we've got going on, I'm wondering if an impromptu jam session might end up just distracting us from everything else. But I'll leave it up to the group to decide. I'm cool either way. (For sure we already have enough going on to keep us busy for the two days!)

Re: Practicing for a gig and recording to MP3 - I can say right now that I won't have time to prepare like that... I've got to get my projector re-assembled, and if I get time I want to put together another optical table so we can breadboard a few things while we're there. Then too, I'm planning on bringing that HGM 5 along; Steve Roberts said he might have a solution to my dead-tube problem. If I can get that thing fired up, I also want to check out one of these ISMET AOM's I've got...

But if you guys have the time to practice and want to set something up, that's cool. If I can follow along, then great. More likely that I'd put my guitar down and just watch. (I told you I suck...) As for drums - you got me there. I don't know anyone that plays drums in our group.

Adam

PS: Sorry for hijacking your thread, Dave!

Yeah you're probably right. Sounds like a we got a 'full plate' already and Pink Floyd's gonna be in the air along with the lasers- can't compete with that (wouldnt want to even try)

Total hijack time.

Very cool to see talk of geetars and basses here! It just so happens that I teach both!

If you guys were having a NELEM instead of a SELEM, I'd bring my modded Les Paul and one of the Marshall's. It would just be too cool to have the projectors reacting to a rousing rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, Jimi style.

[/hijack]
    Alas, poor diode. I fried him well.

Cool

Hey PN...

A NELEM isn't out of the question, you know. We'd just have to organize it. Might be able to work out something in your neck of the woods one of these days. (Nothing is impossible, except skiing through a revolving door. Or at least that's what the Murphy's Law poster told me once...)

Adam

damn!
    i wish more of you guys lived on the left coast.
    i too have the dual laser guitar connection.
    i've played acoustic fingerstyle for over 30 years now.
    i have a small body larrivee that is about 15 years old,before they went full mass production.
    i just picked up an ibanez electro acoustic nylon string too.
    peace,
    wes

wellshit--i lost track of this thread-- I will bring my rig if someone else does.. if i can fit it in the veh..

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Nothing is impossible, except skiing through a revolving door.
    LOL... Got a kick out of that quote, and have already used it on someone.

It'd be great to get a NELEM going one of these days! I'd quite likely be "the noob" of the bunch, but as mentioned, I bring loud, live entertainment to the table.

If the wind ever begins to blow in this direction, I'll be glad to do whatever legwork I can to help things along.

BTW... wonder how Dave's $1200 mounts are doing. Gotta' ask though... what the hell would make just mirror mounts that expensive?
    Alas, poor diode. I fried him well.

Maybe it's several mounts. (one would hope)

He said it was 10 mounts, not just one, and they were newports, so $120 each isn't out of the question. (Newport makes nice stuff, but they're proud of it...)

RE: NELEM - let's start talking about it after I get back from SELEM. I'm sure we can work something out.

Adam