Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green HeNe Laser (& other colours)

Default Green HeNe Laser (& other colours)

Hi all

I'm sorry but I really can't help it , i'm just obsessed with HeNe's of all shapes and sizes and I would like to expand my collection beyond the usual 632.8nm red

Does anyone have a green HeNe laser hat they would like to part with? I am also open to purchasing other unusual HeNe colours. My 'Holy Grail' would be a tuneable HeNe (please please please).

If you have any of the above that you wish to offload please PM me. Also open to weird designs etc etc...

Did I say I was obsessed with HeNe's?... Hey Ho

Many thanks

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I do have a green-Ne but I am on the wrong side of the pond and I am still not sure if I want to part with it yet... Plus, it is <1mW. They are pretty cool though. When I first got it, it was weird to see a green beam come out of a HeNe tube! That was many many moons ago!

I have some pics of the beam spot in this thread about green lines... https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...re-fascinating
    Last edited by absolom7691; 11-09-2017 at 03:03.

I have also a green one with a power of 1-2mW and a orange/Yellow HeNe with three lines
    But I am not sure if I should sell it... *heavy breathing*

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I have some three mirror REO particle counter tubes that do 5 or more lines.. Drop me a PM

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by matratzki View Post
    I have also a green one with a power of 1-2mW and a orange/Yellow HeNe with three lines
    But I am not sure if I should sell it... *heavy breathing*
    Ooooh. Please PM me with a price (for both) if you decide to let them go (he asks hopefully)

Hopefully shipping from Germany would be a little easier on the wallet rather than shipping from the USA

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I do have a green-Ne but I am on the wrong side of the pond and I am still not sure if I want to part with it yet... Plus, it is <1mW. They are pretty cool though. When I first got it, it was weird to see a green beam come out of a HeNe tube! That was many many moons ago!

I have some pics of the beam spot in this thread about green lines... https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...re-fascinating

Happy to receive a PM at any time. The problem with the USA is getting the stuff over here at a reasonable cost. I've just had a HeNe laser shipped over and the freight bill was eye watering

I have the PMS 5 line Tunable in good condition but need $3K for it. It is actually 6 lines as there is some 640 nm also. Best, Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I have some three mirror REO particle counter tubes that do 5 or more lines.. Drop me a PM

Steve
    PM Sent........

Quote Originally Posted by 142laser View Post
    I have the PMS 5 line Tunable in good condition but need $3K for it. It is actually 6 lines as there is some 640 nm also. Best, Phil
    Sadly, my budget is nowhere near that amount of money , but hey, I can dream

I wonder if you can find an external mirror hene and just strip the coating and recoat as silver if that would not allow multiple lines. Sure some lines compete but something could be done. Maybe try adding filters in beam to change gains