Thread: RGB per point ILDA format / and Mamba

Default RGB per point ILDA format / and Mamba

Is there such a thing as a RGB per point ILDA format?
    I've been playing with loading and saving ilda files using the ilda stadard palette which works great except for some greys and browns and other in-between that don't map nicely onto this palette. I design my frames using RGB values and would like to save RGB value to the file, per point. Does ILDA support this?
    The other option would be to write a palette to the ilda file.

What I want is to save my work to an ilda file so I can open it in Mamba especially, or another show creation program and share the frames. So the questions really are:
    1) does Mamba support color palettes provided in an ilda file?
    2) does Mamba support rgb per point in ilda files if such a format exists?
    3) what is wise in terms of compatibility with all other users?

Which way would be the best to go?

thanks,
    Matthijs

just an update on what I found out.
    I was working with 1995 and 1998 version documents of the ilda spec. Just found a 2005 (expiration date) documents that actually specifies the rgb value per point format. So that clear that point up.
    Also I found out that Mamba supports the 'most used' ilda color palette with 64 unique colors. It does not support the 'ilda standad' palette with 256 unique colors. Looking at the settings option Mamba supports RGB ILDA. I don't know if it will support the definition of a in file color palette.

I guess the RGB ilda format will suit my needs. Any thoughts on that?

Is there any place for non-ilda members to obtain the latest documentation on the file format?

cheers

Lightbulb

Sorry man...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Sorry man...

Hey AllThat, those smilies keep cracking me up All I can do is draw these two

I'm still making my way towards the good old laser-scope... surely but slowely - I think you took the smart route (that makes three)
    cheers

What you mean the osilliscope? If you can do it with out the big P... You are a smarter and more capable man than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    What you mean the osilliscope? If you can do it with out the big P... You are a smarter and more capable man than I am.
    :blush: I'll let you know when and if I get there.
    First I need to get this ILDA programming out of the way, then the first part of my mission has been completed: Converting my own art from Scalable Vector Grafics to ILDA and the loading it into Mamba to create shows.
    cheers