Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Bay Area Enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    How old are you if you don't mind my asking?
    No problem.
    Just recently turned 16, have been using laser display equipment for about two years, and high power laser pointers for 3.

Look at the Goldenstar thread. Adam posted saying his lawyer enlisted the age restriction.
    Last edited by Glrock; 11-28-2017 at 18:02.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Glrock View Post
    Wasn't trying to target you. Just figured you were done with the topic, which is totally acceptable for people who have jobs, and no incentive or need to spit out information 24/7. Anyways, thanks for everything everyone has contributed so far.
    No worries. I got a little snarky when I realized dang... it's only been about 28 hours since the last post and he's complaining the thread was abandoned. That's sort of society these days though - we're in an age where everything is instant gratification. You can find answers to things in mere seconds - hell, even really obscure songs with Shazam can found in fractions of a second with only a note or two. As Sal said, there are a lot of people who have paid large sums of money to have people help them complete a variance application correctly so, don't expect it to all come immediately for free.
    PM Sent...

Sorry, was just a little surprised(or maybe spoiled) after receiving replies in under an hour, to none for over a day. I can't be complaining if I am effectively getting the service free.

.. two threads nearly the same??? WT? slow your roll son.. time is on your side.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Didn't expect to see you here.

The threads were not supposed to be the same, it just turned out that way. Once the thread derails, there is no going back............

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Derailed threads are part of what makes PL great.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    Interesting. How old are you if you don't mind my asking? Have you contacted (called) X-Laser directly to talk about the age limitation? Is it a limitation on their end or on the Gooberment? I don't remember seeing anything in the regs about age, but then again it wouldn't have applied to me so I probably wouldn't have remembered it.

Ask X-Laser if the EZ variance holders are allowed to train additional operators under the terms of the variance. You might also want to take a look into the regs yourself see if you can find anything about age restricts on operators.

-Sal
    Unfortunately the age requirement is an X-Laser thing. Once we start submitting documents on behalf of a minor things potentially get very complicated from a legal standpoint. It's such a small number of cases (this is only the second time we've had the request) that we haven't invested in getting past that issue.

We do have variance holding companies that have minor employees, and that's fine, the issue is in the e-sign process and us submitting paperwork for them.

- - - Updated - - -

No problem.
    Just recently turned 16, have been using laser display equipment for about two years, and high power laser pointers for 3.

Look at the Goldenstar thread. Adam posted saying his lawyer enlisted the age restriction.
    Sorry man. I really do wish I could help out here but this one is out of my hands. The day you turn 18 I'm happy to send you a free kit if you don't already have a variance.

No problem. I fully understand your situation. Unfortunently I do need a variance earlier than that. But thank you for your advice and kind offer.

Didn't expect to see you here.

[B]...been active here since you were 9 yrs old[B].

The threads were not supposed to be the same, it just turned out that way. Once the thread derails, there is no going back............
    [B]not sure I buy that but at lpf it would not 'fly'[B]

[B]I am wishing I had started with lasers at your age...but back then 99% of what we now know was not known 'back then' I hope you appreciate how much work members have done for you....but a lot you could have learned on your own..plz keep that in mind moving fwd. and good luck[B]
    hak (70)
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-