Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: newb alert

Also, while I'm at it...

Are there better solutions than those fog machines to generate smoke in a living room ?

Would now be a good time to take up vaping (argh) ?

Also, Adam already answered my question about wiggle room. It's definitely more than $50

Quote Originally Posted by stephenhazel View Post
    Also, while I'm at it...

Are there better solutions than those fog machines to generate smoke in a living room ?

Would now be a good time to take up vaping (argh) ?

Also, Adam already answered my question about wiggle room. It's definitely more than $50
    Yeah Hazers.

Tour hazer or Look Unqiue 2.1 for water based.

If you can afford it Pea Soup Phantom for oil based, but it will cost ya!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Haggling over price when they’re graciously giving you a free DAC may be viewed as poor form. Just sayin’.
    Adam is a very generous guy by nature. Sometimes so much so you feel a little awkward.
    I have to laugh a little at your comment about this being the only laser purchase. I never thought I’d get like some of these people either. That was $200,000 ago. 😎
    PM Sent...

I’ll answer your hazer question when I’m not on my phone on a bouncing train into New York City. You really do probably want haze over fog but, it tends to cost more. A good hazed will match or exceed the price of your Mirage.
    PM Sent...

oh and by "Adam already answered" i mean he gave me a price a bunch lower than $50 off the googled price of 1380.

so i'm definitely gettin it except for my rule about sleepin' on any purchase above $200.

Regarding haze, here's a good read: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...aze+versus+fog
    For the home use you've described, I have found an inexpensive, decent unit that I've been happy with. Even have used a couple on outdoor shows. It's worth a look: https://www.idjnow.com/marq-lighting...RoCdMMQAvD_BwE
    I have found it through searching for as low as $219. I have two and will probably add a few more to the arsenal in the future.
    PM Sent...

Oo great! More food for thought. Will chew on it.

Went back to the church I went to as a kid. On my Mom's prompting. It's 125th anniversary.
    Met a guy who used to work at Laserium (a long time ago).
    One more check about "is this the right laser for meee?" from him then I pounce.

I really suspect it is tho. I want ILDA'd tight color and that thing really seems to have it.

Asking an old Laserium dude about ILDA standard projectors is usually a bad idea... ;-)
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso