Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LDI 2018

Default LDI 2018

So I’m on the way back from my first LDI in Las Vegas and I’d like to suggest that more of us in the US and elsewhere should make it to Vegas next year. “But that show is for lighting guys”, you say? “Ah contraire”, I reply! In addition to several of our favorite laser companies represented at the show, there were tons of other areas that are applicable to laserists. Staging and rigging, fog solutions, scrims, and dozens of directly applicable to laserist types. Every major entertainment lighting company is well represented with hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment playing shows in many booths. Damn impressive even if you only consider what laserists can expect from clubs and concert environments over the coming year.

Not enough laserists present? Again I say, Nay! I think there were at least a dozen laserists we know and love there this year on top of the laser manufacturers I referenced earlier. Next year we could have a place where we have dinners and drinks together next year making it a miniLEM!

Afraid you may get bored anyway? It’s Las Vegas in the quiet time of the year. Shows, restaurants, clubs, (and whatever naughty activities you want) are available. It’s fun! As for me, I spent most of my time with the X-Laser crew (which are a ton of fun) and Swamidog (my laser wife) and his girlfriend this year. It sure would be nice to spend quality time with more of you next year!

What do you think?

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yeah, I actually felt myself sort of lamenting the fact that I've never given LDI a thought. With all the pictures and updates from so many people, this sounds like it should be on the radar for perhaps next year. Sadly, it's over a weekend but, if it's the same corresponding weekend next year, I just have two back to back church banquets on Saturday at this point so, staff can handle those without a problem.
    PM Sent...

I would consider going. I can hitch a ride with some Cleveland folks. I can think of three that might go. Post pictures.

I am considering going next year. I might even be able to convince the wife to go since it is Vegas.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    I am considering going next year. I might even be able to convince the wife to go since it is Vegas.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but it is a school week. Perhaps one or two days absent wouldn't be the end of the world. . .

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I would consider going. I can hitch a ride with some Cleveland folks. I can think of three that might go. Post pictures.
    i took some pics. will post after sleeping.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I thought the same thing on my first trip there. I enjoyed looking at sequin theatrical curtains from Rose, stage lift mechanisms for grand pianos, confetti cannons, intelligent lighting, trusses, road cases, lasers, and much more. I kept going back to the GLP tent for repeat doses of how they do lighting in Germany, with sunglasses issued at the door.

and the pictures please (drum roll................) really curious what this is all about

Swamidog took nice pictures, but absent his, here are a few pics and videos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	202.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	53248Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197.JPG 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	53249Click image for larger version. 

Name:	205.JPG 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	53250Click image for larger version. 

Name:	206.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	53251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	207.JPG 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	53252

This is the world record breaker for number of laser projectors used in a show. I didn't see it in person myself, but it was damn impressive:

-David

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Swamidog took nice pictures, but absent his, here are a few pics and videos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	202.JPG 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	53248Click image for larger version. 

Name:	197.JPG 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	53249Click image for larger version. 

Name:	205.JPG 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	53250Click image for larger version. 

Name:	206.JPG 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	53251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	207.JPG 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	53252

This is the world record breaker for number of laser projectors used in a show. I didn't see it in person myself, but it was damn impressive:

-David
    Wow thanks that looks amazing. I think I am starting to like the leds as much as laser
    Last edited by kecked; 11-23-2017 at 02:21.