Thread: 2.5 Watt 532nm CW

Default 2.5 Watt 532nm CW

I have found a nice high power greeny at a good price....http://cgi.ebay.com/HGM-ELITE-K1-PLU...QQcmdZViewItem
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Lightbulb

That's... interesting. Would it work for a projector? Kinda like a copper vapor imitation isn't it?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Its a krypton gas laser. A bit pricey though. These days if you wait long enough you can get a nice mixed gas for that price.

Plus the fact it's a pulsed laser and is only made to be run for a couple seconds at a time. Totally useless for lightshow application.
    Adam

The HGM lasers have shortened Brewster stems. They are still okay to run for a few minutes.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Cool

I don't believe this laser is suitable for laser show use... From Sam's Laser FAQ:

Power-On-Demand lasers are NOT generally CW CAPABLE. These include the Coherent Ultima 2000, Novus 2000, Novus Omni; HGM PC, PC-EDO, Surgica K1, Surgica K5, and all HGM yellow-green krypton lasers.

Also, I would be very careful about ordering medical lasers from Med1Online... They had an HGM 5 listed for *MONTHS* on E-bay. They refused to test it and were selling it as-is for some ridiculous price ($1275 or so). Of course, no one bid. They kept dropping the price, and finally I think someone took it for parts at $275 or so last month. But to give you an idea how long it took - I called them about that same HGM 5 last October! (I notice that they've started a new ID as "med1online_surgical_aesthetics".)

Bottom line: If they won't test it, assume it's up to air. (The tube in my HGM 5 was...)

Also, for what it's worth, I've got another HGM laser that has a yellow-green krypton tube in it. Not only is that tube up to air as well, but the power supply is fried and the recirculation pump is also siezed. So be careful when buying medical lasers... By the time they get to the surplus market, a lot of them are junk.

Adam

I had no intention of purchasing this unit...I was looking at the aspect of the price base coming down on gassers. I would much rather have DPSS anyway. Thanks for the heads up and info !!! Might venture into a white light gasser if the price is right one day. Right now I am saving for the big "P" if I can get it....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Cool

Hi Mike!

Just got a message from Bill Benner. Bring your wallet to SELEM. Bill is bringing several QM-2000 systems and a couple FB3's as well. He says that anything they don't sell they have to carry back with them all the way to Orlando...

Adam