Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What color is best for laser projection screen?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    if you have room to project from the rear, go to your local home crackpo and get a roll of pool patio screen. they come in some big sizes. it is a low cost answer to a theatrical scrim which is by far the best effect for graphics shows.
    If you are going to project on cloth, remember that black is easy to set fire to depending on how much power you are using-

i totally agree with this.
    the cool thing is,when the lights go down,the scrim vanishes.
    also,you get a more three dimensional effect when the screen is hanging away from the walls.
    i pretty much always hang it from the ceiling when we have graphics in the show.
    it takes up so little space in the kit bag and
    i think the mesh acrylic gives a little sparkle as well..
    peace,
    wes

Once I was doing some laser show in theater. I asked them if they had a screen that is white but not solid...more like mesh. He pressed a button and my dream screen came from the sky. Thats exactly what I was looking for for a long time. When you look at it it looks almost invisible but when you shine the laser it's as bright as hell. I drew some flowers and some trees for a performance and it looked amazing... I was really busy to ask what is this screen made of.

Cool

I've seen fabric like that before... That guy Tim from Introspective Lasers had a whole roll of it - hundreds of feet! He said he bought it at a theatrical supply shop, and it was cheap. It was white, but very thin and gossamer. It was like thin, fragile window screen made from thread.

I wonder if you could find something like that in a fabric store?

Adam

I remember someone told me that this fabric must have a square structure. Regular fabric has X structure which doesn't hold the shape very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    I've seen fabric like that before... That guy Tim from Introspective Lasers had a whole roll of it - hundreds of feet! He said he bought it at a theatrical supply shop, and it was cheap. It was white, but very thin and gossamer. It was like thin, fragile window screen made from thread.

I wonder if you could find something like that in a fabric store?

Adam
    we get ours at the fabric store.
    there should be several types to choose from.

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    I remember someone told me that this fabric must have a square structure. Regular fabric has X structure which doesn't hold the shape very well.
    yes if it is a true scrim it will need the correct amount of weighting and possibly a frame to keep it reasonably square-

be careful buying cloth scrim, although it would be fine at lower powers
    keep in mind bigger lasers can set it on fire. most of the scrims I use are a custom weave and are metallic similar to pool/padio screen-
    go big or go home