Thread: What is the ILDA Operating System?

Default What is the ILDA Operating System?

OK, newbie question here, so I know this little ILDA laser is running on an ARM based processor (I think so at least), and it can read an 2 or 4 GB SD card. What is the "operating system" at work here?? Documentation? Alternative systems? Thx

The firmware is probably custom and proprietary, so we can't know. If you want to study how one possible implementation of an ILDA controller with an SD card reader works, you can look at Ether Dream. But the one in your projector is probably different.

If you post some images, we can probably tell you what you have there..

The most common form of SD card system out there is one where you create a basic script file (usually with a .prg extension) that tells the system what files to play and at what scan rate. To be frank, these systems are often problematic and shaky.

The three other common systems out there that use user accessible SD cards are FB4 by Pangolin, EtherDream by J4CBO and the RayComposer DACs by Robin Adams of RayComposer. If you have any of those systems, great news! They're all excellent and well supported.

Like cyberb0b said, a photo will help with quick identification and assistance.

@araugh, you Forget the Netlase / Netlase LC in your List :-)
    First one also with ArtnetContorl incl. Artnet Router. In Timeline the first existing of all listed.
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

My apologies, not familiar with that one myself. I didn't mean to exclude anyone.

Hi there,
    I cracked it open. Here's a link to the box.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oMuPo30OmYvbGvBL2

Let me know if you can view these.

~m

That looks like it'll operate the same way as most of the chinese SD card laser playback systems. Here's a halfways decent manual:

http://flash-butrym.pl/en_US/p/file/...mW-SD-CARD.pdf