Thread: Beam scanner galvo and actuators

Default Beam scanner galvo and actuators

I'm interested in possibly adding an open loop "beam" scanner to my projector plan, similar to the "Skyman" product offered by Technical Artisans. I'm looking for something I can modulate with an audio signal or by "manually" varying a 5VDC input voltage.

Can anyone recommend a source for a comparable REASONABLY-priced galvo and driver circuit?

I would also be interested in a source for REASONABLY-priced TTL-triggerable actuators to be used for beam routing.

Unfortunately, I still don't have access to an Internet connection that allows me to search Ebay - hence, the questions!

Thanks!

RR
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

GM20's will do that.

This driver schemetic is designed to be used with a line level audio input. It can easily be modified to be used with alternative inputs

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    I'm interested in possibly adding an open loop "beam" scanner to my projector plan, similar to the "Skyman" product offered by Technical Artisans. I'm looking for something I can modulate with an audio signal or by "manually" varying a 5VDC input voltage.

Can anyone recommend a source for a comparable REASONABLY-priced galvo and driver circuit?

I would also be interested in a source for REASONABLY-priced TTL-triggerable actuators to be used for beam routing.

Unfortunately, I still don't have access to an Internet connection that allows me to search Ebay - hence, the questions!

Thanks!

RR
    stuka-
    by far the most shows i have done have been dmx controlled.
    not that you are planning on using dmx, but one feature i like in my dmx setup and that i miss having in my computer controlled set up is the ability to run a signal from the djs mixer right into the board controlling the laser.
    i am able then to adjust the input on the dmx's audio slider and i can get really nice results.
    and that's just with a clunky motor actuated beambox.
    i think it would be sweet to have direct music signal to a computer based system giving you the chance to make your beam show dance with the beat and not just on the beat.