Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HEne PSU help please.

Hi, thanks for your interest. No, no noise at all. Sam suggested (amongst other things), that I measure the current drawn from the mains, which is about 6 or 7 ma, which doesn't seem right to me. Switching the TTL on and off makes no difference. I might ask if someone in the group could lend me a PSU to try, or buy if cheap enough.

With the tube not struck a few mA at 230V would be about right. Is there a loop of purple wire on the PSU (or a pair of purple wires)? This is often the interlock loop and needs to be intact if present.
    I will go and check my PSU this evening.

Hi, no interlock loop. Just to clarify, 2 plain white wires to 230VAC, Yellow insulated. Green - earth. Yellow/white - TTL plus, Black White TTL minus using 3 AA cells. There is nothing else on the PSU apart from the output to the laser. Thanks for getting back.

OK, so mine is a LaserDrive 3145-2350-6.5-TTL-5, so nigh on identical to yours.
    I have 2 whites to 230V, the yellow is isolated. There's a green connected to earth, and a TTL signal on the white / yellow WRT to white / black. There is no interlock loop on this PSU.

Yes, that is exactly the same as I have here, but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. I tried reversing the polarity (it always worked for Dr Who!) of the TTL signal, but no luck. Thanks for looking.

I have contacted the Ebay seller as this laser was advertised as "tested and working", so I will await a response. If no positive outcome, I may look for another PSU - I would like to get it working.

Knowing the seller, if it was sold as tested and working then he would have had it running, albeit in the system that he removed it from.
    do you have access to anyone nearby with a suitable tube / PSU to test with?

Chris from Lab Med has offered to re-test it on the equipment it was taken from if I return it. Can't say fairer than that I guess. I don't know anyone around here who might have a PSU.

Let him know that I'm willing to help test it if he has problems as I have a suitable PSU and laser tube; he knows me as I've bought quite a few bits from him, PM me if you need my ebay ID as that's how he knows me

Thanks for all the help with this. I eventually returned it to the seller to look at. They agreed that there was a problem with one of the PSU leads being intermittent where it entered the potting compound. I got a full refund, so I can't complain. Hopefully they will have other he-ne lasers in the future.