Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flexmod drivers or similar

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I have had bad luck with the BBE drivers. When I power mine on, there is a large voltage spike that has turned a couple of my diodes into LEDs. If you go the BBE route... Lasorbs are an absolute must.
    Here you need to clarify that you are unlucky with some of the drivers manufactured in 2015 (with open pots). Indeed, some of them had this defect, but having read your post, people may think that all bbe's drivers makes LEDs from laser diodes
    Since then, the design of the driver has been significantly redesigned and freed from dependence on defective components.

What is the link to your site?

Quote Originally Posted by Bbe View Post
    Since then, the design of the driver has been significantly redesigned and freed from dependence on defective components.
    Good to know! Yes, my drivers were bought around 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by 10Fenny View Post
    Lasorb just piggy backs on the diode pins right? I've never used them. Do they have to be on the diode pins them selves or just close to?
    Yes the lasorbs just piggy-back and short runs to diode pins are fine according to prior guidance from Pangolin as an recall. They come in many types depending upon which diode you are pairing them with. I used to just use them on the expensive diodes, but as even cheap diodes are a pain to replace, I use then on everything these days.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Thank you David!
    Anyone watching this.. have you tried the stanwax boards
    ?