Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **WANTED** He/Ne PSU

Exactly what I was thinking. Hence the picture to make sure.

Ok, here is a picture of the power supply from front....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PIC-0078.jpg  

Smile

Hi Werner;

Yeah, that's an argon power supply, not a HeNe power supply. It's designed to fire the JDS-Uniphase cylindrical heads that you see on E-bay from time to time. (Like this one, for example.)

But it won't work with a HeNe head.

Adam

ok, interesting....

I have 3 of these, and was able to make one of them work, do not know if the otehers work, nit just takes to long to figure out and make it work..

werner

Cool

Hi Werner;

Well, if you've got three of them, you could always buy this head off E-bay to go with one of them, and you'd end up with a working Argon laser that would probably make between 20 and 45 mw of blue... (That's assuming that the head in the auction is good; I have no idea if it is or not and I don't have any connection to the seller.) But that head is designed to work with your power supply.

Adam

Adam that wont do 20-45 mW of blue...4VLNF is 4mW of 458nm - the V is of Violet (maybe the N is for nearly!! )

Rob

Thanks for the heads up, but not really interested, I have the heads that go along with these power supplies. As I said, made on work and it emmits blue, but on the other end, the beam quality is EXCELLENT!

As things go I have started taking parts from the one power supply and I assume that would be the course for the rest of them....hehehehehehehhe

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Adam that wont do 20-45 mW of blue...4VLNF is 4mW of 458nm - the V is of Violet (maybe the N is for nearly!! )
    Whoops!

You're right Rob. I didn't read the description; I just saw the picture and figured it was yet another 488nm Uniphase head.

Hmmmm - 458 nm is a pretty color. Don't see too many of those heads around. Only thing that sucks is that the gain is really low for that line, so yeah, 4 mw... Not much use in that.

Adam