Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One more shoutout. This time to Jian

Default One more shoutout. This time to Jian

Jian over at DT scanners. Excellent customer service. He answered my emails promptly. Processed and shipped my orders promptly. Seriously, 2 days shipping from China. Pretty awesome. Thank you for all your help, Jian! The mirrors and scanners are awesome!

The last review I saw here for DT didn't look like a good one and I wanted to share my experience.

For the DT-50s, I will be putting together a review soon, since I haven't seen one on here yet. Stay tuned, guys.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

cool! i'd love to see how the dt50 / dt50w's work out. i'm still using a very ancient pair of dt40w's and they've served me well for years and years.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I also have an old pair of DT-40s that I just put new mirrors on (Thanks, Jian!). With the DT-50s, I will do a standard test; regular scan angles, large angles, temperature, and a comparison to my old DT-40s. Also a comparison to a pair of 506s running on a Kvant amp. I am going to show test patterns, show frames, and abstracts that I know my DT-40s have a little trouble with.

Swami, if there are any particular abstracts you want me to run through them, send them to me in ILDA format and I will test them. PM me for my email if you're interested.

In the past i contacted Jian directly but blew me off a bit. Their DT50,s looks like a nice product. I would like to buy a few sets but the drawback is the right entrance beam mount wich most scanner suppliers use as standard. I need a Left entrance one and most scanner companies only sell their scanners standard with a right entrance. No clue why to be honest....

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Got a set of DT50's as well from Jian last week, 3 days delivery time from China, great service! Looking forward to your DT50 & 506 comparison tests Absolom, 'I'm staying tuned!'........

It is going to be a bit of an apples/oragnes comparison. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how big the mirrors were on these. They are pretty large. The mirrors on my 506s are much smaller.
    Regardless, I am going to need to retune the dt50s. It looks like they are tuned to 45K @ 8°. I am going to tune them down to 30K at a wider angle. I'll get a few shots of them running 45K at the smaller angle before I retune. So far, these scanners look nice. Definitely "flagship" build quality. The PCB quality for the amp is definitely a step up. Nice pro look with good quality components compared to the other "budget" Chinese galvo amps
    Last edited by absolom7691; 01-28-2018 at 22:04.

Thanks guys,
    Also thanks for Joachim from JMlaser,he design a good driver I am very approving.

We can make the perfect galvo but the driver is out weak spot.
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by jian725 View Post
    Also thanks for Joachim from JMlaser,he design a good driver I am very approving.
    That was the first thing I noticed when I opened up the package. The driver looked high quality. The PCB is multi-layered, perfect wave flow soldered, and high quality components. Again, this is a flagship product. Really looking forward to getting into these more. I should have time this weekend to get my review done. My work has me slammed right now!

Thanks
    We still want make a better driver,the driver of develop not finish yet.
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Looking forward to the H Bridge driver that may be in the future!