Thread: Mirrors and mm1

Default Mirrors and mm1

Looking for ten small mirrors and something like mm1s to build adjustable beam edg3 combiner for a lumia build. I don’t want flex mounts as I want to be able to move the beams around at will. Obviously accuracy doesn’t matter for this. Combining up to ten sources from 660-405. I sure wish someone made a half size mm1. My reason for not wanting flexmounts is I think they would fatigue from adjusting and don’t you have to push them back after you push them. ...ah...3d printed nylon with screws might work.

well let me know. Also if you have diodes you want to dump let me know. Power mode doesn’t much matter. Need drivers too....

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

these are cute and small... and expensive

http://www.lightglassoptics.com/Opto...t-_p_1053.html

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Looking for ten small mirrors and something like mm1s to build adjustable beam edg3 combiner for a lumia build. I don’t want flex mounts as I want to be able to move the beams around at will. Obviously accuracy doesn’t matter for this. Combining up to ten sources from 660-405. I sure wish someone made a half size mm1. My reason for not wanting flexmounts is I think they would fatigue from adjusting and don’t you have to push them back after you push them. ...ah...3d printed nylon with screws might work.

well let me know. Also if you have diodes you want to dump let me know. Power mode doesn’t much matter. Need drivers too....
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Got loads of mm1 style mirror mounts I made if your interested.

Going cheap
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    Got loads of mm1 style mirror mounts I made if your interested.

Going cheap
    They're pretty nice as well. You should definitely take a look at them.
    PM Sent...

andy set me up with mounts. still need cheap mirrors for the edge combiner. They can be crap too! It's for lumia. so you got 10 10mmx20mm or 10x10 or even 5x10 mirrors that have scratches/chips or whatever i have a home for them.

Also looking for any and all wavelength diodes. power doesn't much matter but I'd like to stay 100mw or more in the far edges like 660 405 even 445

Anybody try the stanwax lovell drivers? Kind of like a read before I get 10 of them.

Could you use the combiner block out of an old Ca$io? There must be piles of them around.

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, but the idea that lumia effects are somehow forgiving of poor optical quality has simply never been my experience.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by DanBarlow View Post
    Could you use the combiner block out of an old Ca$io? There must be piles of them around.
    If you know of any I need two or three to harvest mirrors. Those are not adjustable and I do need to steer the beams a bit.

Ok on the optics. I figured it would not matter as I'm just passing it through something else to distort the beam so a marginal mirror would be ok.
    Was thinking a chipped edge or a couple scratches would be ok. IF not thanks for letting me know before I blew it.

Tonight I'm just going to try putting my projector through the wheel and see what I get. If the gaavo was absolutely repeatable and I doubt it you could map a lumia object to get repeatable interesting patterns. I'll try but no great hope.

I know where at least one is, and may have several more in my storage unit... how much of a hurry are you in?

Not huge hurry. Still finding diodes and getting drivers. Getting mounts from Andy. Weeks I’d think. Plus I got some old folks issues to handle. Think I’m going 660 638 520 462 445. That should do. Add in a yellow some day and maybe 488.