Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lasever

I just found a local company which is specializing in anodizing.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    it appears I have horrible news. David just gave me a different tracking number for my red this morning and DHL left it at my door two days ago. However, after checking with my buisness partner and girlfriend, I do NOT have my laser

My buisness partners radio was stolen out his car last week so I guess we got some idiots stealing crap. Now I am glad I had him make a police report even though they just take it over the phone.

I asked david who should get the claim rolling. I have a feeling this will be long and drawn out.

At least I have a tracking number for what I hope to be the blue laser so I can intercept before it shares a similar fate
    I had this happen with UPS once and it took almost a year to sort out. They dropped off 2 boxes at my door (both Lasers were stolen). That's why I always say HOLD FOR PICKUP AT DEPOT. They do not have the right to leave packages at your door without your authorization. The're supposed to leave you a notice of delivery and get your signed authority to leave goods at the door . The F******G Idiots !
    The shipper has to Initiate a claim for missing goods. I sometimes think the courriers steal stuff. They certainly take out their frustrations on some of the packages so your best Insurance is really good packing.
    I guess UPS aren't the only Courriers who screw up. What a drag....

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Well, I got my blue today. No longer do I own a U series blue. I have a newer ML series like DZ posted pics of. I will take pics when I get home

Yeh, when i get the tracking number in advance thats what I do, for instance, the blue. Picked it up at the DHL hub today

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover View Post
    I had this happen with UPS once and it took almost a year to sort out. They dropped off 2 boxes at my door (both Lasers were stolen). That's why I always say HOLD FOR PICKUP AT DEPOT. They do not have the right to leave packages at your door without your authorization. The're supposed to leave you a notice of delivery and get your signed authority to leave goods at the door . The F******G Idiots !
    The shipper has to Initiate a claim for missing goods. I sometimes think the courriers steal stuff. They certainly take out their frustrations on some of the packages so your best Insurance is really good packing.
    I guess UPS aren't the only Courriers who screw up. What a drag....

Rick

Well it appears David didnt like some of the things I said cause he sent me a package of TNT

Haha, just kidding. I just thought it was funny cause in all my times dealing with China I have never heard of the shipping company TNT

First things first, has anyone had shim plates machined for the ML series laser to allow you to install it on a standard laser breadboard. If so, PM me, I need some.

Anyhow, as I said before, I got my blue laser since I intercepted the package and picked it up at the DHL hub. and opened it up to find the newest series of blue lasers. This was veryyyyyy disheartening as I sent an e-mail to david on 09/20/07 stating the following "if my blue laser is not fixed then send another U series blue laser in its place. Do not send me an ML series blue laser." Instead I got the ML series with my serial number placed on it.

That being said, I do like the newer ML series as it is bigger than the old ML series to allow better heat dispersion. I still wished I had my U series. If anyone else plans on sending anything back to lasever, let me know I will chip in to reduce shipping cost for us. One thing I have noticed is that the 5 volt power supply (not the laser ps) no longer gives 6vdc, it gives 4.85 which is much better for it I am sure. The beam quality seems thinner than my older blue but it also appears to be TEM01 when I look at it with glasses, I have never cared about that but I am just giving my detailed review. One more thing, my old laser when it worked produced 235mw at 4.75 vdc from full auto. This one is producing 191mw after a 5 min warm up time at 4.85vdc

Heres the pics

Its good to see that you got it back ! It is unfortunate that it doesn't output the 200mw's rated for. Have you tried a full 5 vdc on the ana rail? If David every sends me a replacement laser I will send this one back. It is still dying off slowly. I would do a burn in test of 100 hrs if I could. Nice to see the results of such a test on it. I made some shims out of K&S Metals precision sheet stock from a local fastener supply....Southern Fasteners. You can cut the .010" and .020" with a good pair of commercial grade scissors and hole punch for the mount screws. Available in copper,alum.,and stainless. Me wanting a replacement laser.....in a bad way.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I would try the mod off a lab supply outputting 5v.
    Also, have you thought 5min might not be enough warmup time?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

It really doesnt matter, in my eyes if it wont give the same power or better than I was getting with the same 5v supply then its not as good as the one I had before. My other output over 200mw when it first fired up off of 4.75vdc, then again, this could also be why it had a short life as well. Oh well, i have decided I wont send this unit back. I thought about it and maybe it will last longer with a lower output.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I would try the mod off a lab supply outputting 5v.
    Also, have you thought 5min might not be enough warmup time?

Unhappy

Well it has been a while now and no reply from Lasever. Sent e-mail{s}....the whole routine. I guess I am stuck with a dying laser. Now I have to think up some way to get $ for a new one. If anyone knows a way to get their attention let me know. I guess that I am on a long list of waiting.......it would be nice to get a note other than "you will get tracking number next week".
    Disappointed , and it seems this is the way it's going to remain. $2000 and not even a kiss.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    $2000 and not even a kiss.
    Not to defend them, but... a reacharound from China can't be easy...