Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lasever

I can tell you it does take him a few emails from you for him to return one to you!
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

My blue laser is on the way back. Well, I should say a replacement is on the way. David at Lasever said there was a problem with the seal and that a replacement is being sent. Are the internals of blue lasers sealed to protect the crystals or something? I have no idea. I hope it has the same mounting holes so that I don't have to machine a new mount.

Gary
    As has been said many times before blue dpss lasers (and most high power green dpss) use LBO as the frequency doubleing xtal as opposed to ktp. The prob with LBO is its hygroscopic which means it absorbs water from the air & slowly over time the water builds up and affects the performance of the shg. This is why these heads are hermetically sealed and many have an inert atmosphere inside - some even have little bags of silica gel dessicant in there just in case.
    Good the laser is on its way back though
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Nice to hear that Lasever still answer and do some actions. And I have to say I'm very happy with the new model of 473nm 100mW from them, I measured it again last day and it puts out 200mW! Hope it will last!

But, the mounting holes aren't the same as the old model, at least the holes along the width...

And silica gel bag may be a great idea to fight against humidity. Personnally I have a quite big bag full of dessicant into my projector...

Sebastien

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    I have some knowledge of these lasers. The issue is one of 2 things. TEC failure......tec chip ok, but driver thinking it is really hot and tries to compensate, OR the MCA assembly has become seperated or is starting to. Either way it is a difficult repair. But it can be done. I proved that as one of my repairs is working some 60 hrs of sevice. Only a 75mw, but hey blue is blue!
    Are diode assembly and resonator assembly have separate TECs plus separate temperature sensors? Seems strange cuz TECs are just heat transferers. Voltage to them regulated by temperature sensor readout. Or I'm full of baloney?
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Yep the diode and xtal sleds are thermally isolated and each have thier own thermistor tec & closed loop control. That said I did see one blue earlier this year that had a single TEC for the whole assy.
    To get a perfect setup the SHG and the yag/vanadate should be independantly temp controlled and all the chineese ones ive seen have single ended TEC drivers so they can only cool the xtals & not heat them. With a good fast bridge output TEC control I think the noise that we see on blues in particular could be as good as eliminated - or at worse made much less.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I received a new laser from Lasever today. The case is indeed different. The old one had an aluminum barrel on the front. The new one is completely black anondized with no barrel at the front. They forgot to send me the 5V power supply that goes with it but I don't doubt that they will send it. I measured the power and am getting 100mw which is better than the old one when it worked. It was 70mw. I only paid for a 50mw laser so I am very happy. I just hope that it lasts for awhile.

Cool

That's the same head design that DZ has. He actually shaved it down on a table saw to make it fit inside his projector. So far, so good!

When I got mine back from China, it was still in the old design head (with the turret or barrel on the front). But even so, it's been working just fine.

Glad to hear you're getting more power out of it that it's rated for. That wasn't the case with mine. It was a 100 mw laser, and when I got it it was making just over 100 mw. So far though, it's still making right at 100. (Crosses fingers)

Adam

Wow . I just received a package with two green replacement lasers from Lasever. Its the same style as carmangary described above, so totally different from the ones I had before.

However, as I already tossed them in mind, I am very happy to receive them anyways.

Long story came to a happy end (for the time beeing) and they run well for now...

FYI: My warranty replacement Lasever (473nm) seems to be failing after only 5 or 10 hours of use. I bought it as a 50mw laser and when new it was at 100mw. Right now it is down to about 70mw. That's still better that what its rated for but losing 30mw over a short period of time is not a good sign. Also, modulation is pretty terrible on this thing.