Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Lasever

Bummer--
    Does that mean Lasever is not one to buy?

Lightbulb

From what I have seen, I think I would choose a CNI for my next laser.

Like many here I do laser shows and a death of a laser is a disaster. Yes I have other projectors and other lasers but it screws the whole show. Yes I know that people will not notice that one projector doesn't have blue. But I will and it drives me mad. Call me mr. Perfectionist. Other thing is a warranty repair. It's not only takes long but who will guaranty that after 2 months something will not happen again. 2 months of lasershows. 1 month for repair. 2 months of lasershows. 1 month for repair. Until the warranty is over and you stuck with dead laser. Until Lasever sorts out their heating and build issues...until they have less then 5% return rate....until they can guaranty 5.000 or 10.000 hours or money back I say go with CNI.
    CNI has virtually no returns. Their lasers are robust. Their modulators are tunned perfectly. And you get up to 20% overpower. Yes their lasers are little more expensive but it worth every penny.

One month repair... You're optimist! My green laser was sent to Lasever one month ago, and I don't think I will see it before another month. David has answered to some mails and promised repair of my laser, but now he didn't answer to my mails
    This is really boring, coz I miss a lot of lasershow

Ok, good info folks.
    This->
    is a funny smiley SBK.

Thanks Allthat for the smiley info.

Dava and Aijii, Do y'all ever run any sales or specials on your CNIs?

More then a month....

Hey I have an idea how to do warranty repairs.
    "about 9 months just before warranty expires? . Finally after a long wait you open a box plug it in. And pufffffff...It dies in flames. You e-mail back....and you got reply....."Sorry your laser is out of warranty".

I think this is a brilliant idea. New marketing strategy!
    Last edited by Dr Laser; 08-05-2007 at 13:58.

That Sux. I will not be buying one.

Question

Why does it have to be repaired when it under warrenty? Shouldn't they just swap it out with another laser? Be better customer service in my opinion...

I work for a factory that receives industrial electronics in for repair or replacement. If still under warranty repair is better for profit margin.. sad but true..
    Last edited by steve-o; 08-06-2007 at 04:11.

Damn, Damn, Damn,

Now my blue Lasever laser looks like it having problems. I noticed that the beam seemed to be getting weaker, so I measured it with my uncalibrated meter. It looked like the power was way down on the 200mw that it should be. However, I couldn't really rely on my uncalibrated meter to substantiate any warranty claim. So, I decided what i really needed was a calibrated meter of some sort so I could get a more accurate reading. I have just received today my new Lasercheck from coherent. O.K. so I know it's only accurate to within +/- 5% but that's near enough for most things.

So, i've measured my LSR473U-200 blue with it and my worst fears have been confirmed. It is only measuring 123mw at exactly 5v.

I've just emailed David at Lasever and am waiting for a reply.

I'll let everyone know of my experiences in due course. I hope that David will do the honourable thing and swap it for a new one without hesitation.

Cheers

Jem