Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lasever

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Are you sure? My replacement got to me in four days... That is over a month ago. Canadian customs that bad?
    No no. It's nothing to do with customs. Canadian customs takes less then an hour to process. It took less then 4 days to get to where it goes (Arrived in China on 19th of August but it was a weekend so had to wait till monday). It takes more then a month for Lasever to get my laser replaced. And thats what I heard....not fixed...replaced.
    In the meantime Im too looking what can be sold. Ohh I forgot have 2 8 line PCAOM sets.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Lightbulb

I see, you meant you shipped it out to China on Aug 15... I think I got mine back in about a month...

Hey Guys, just wanted to share some news. I just got my Lasever blue back. Its slightly different than it was before and I'm not yet sure if it will fit back in my projector, but I'm still glad its back. I don't have time to turn it on and test it right now as I'm adding a room to my house... I'll get around to that later. But to all the folks out there waiting, there's hope! Now back to mudding...

PS-Thanks Dave and Aijii!

Well I finally had a minute to sit down and test out this replacement Lasever blue laser. I gotta say, I think this unit is much better than the last, the beam quality seems to have improved, and, it seems to me to be much brighter than my last blue, which was doing 183mW before it dropped to 10mW. Sadly though, its not going to fit back into my projector and would require a complete retrofit (metal work, anodizing etc.) to get it to work with my other 2 Lasever units. So I've got no clue as to what to do with it, but I am glad to have it back!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

2.JPG  

3.JPG  

Last edited by DZ; 09-26-2007 at 18:29.

Default Lasever Blue L x W ?

David,
    I am in the early building stages of RGY....future RGB...I assume Lasever has all problems behind them...I have a 500mw green from them with NO problem....so, I would like to plan footprint layout with Blue DPSS in mind.
    What is the footprint of the new Lasever Blue ????? Thanx !!
    Bob
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

I have a 500mw green from them with NO problem
    I also have a Lasever green that I've had no problems with, a red one as well. I've only ever had problems with thier blue. I hope though that with this new style replacement there will be no more problems, except of course having to plan around the new size.

What is the footprint of the new Lasever Blue
    Ok, here it is, I'm not good with milimeters and you can thanks the Brits for that :
    L=4"
    W=1 3/8"
    H=1 13/16"

The driver is the same.

future RGB
    Buy from Dave and Aijii if you can, they will take care of ya if problems arise...

David
    Last edited by DZ; 09-26-2007 at 18:42.

I have enough space to put anything in my RGB right now. But I'm waiting for my blue to start building my Arcos/Martin 1.6 Clone. Thats why I'm soo anal about reliability.

I just love the design of this thing.

anodizing etc.

DZ can you explain how it's done?
    What is needed to blacken the aluminum?
    Preferably DIY home style!

Thumbs up

Nice David! It is good you have it back. If you don't know what to do with it for now... I'll hold on to it until you have a spot ready for it.

Have you measured it yet?

Thanx Dave !! That is small !!! As stated...I've had no problem with my green...and working with Dave was a very good experience....so....we will see !!!
    Bob
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !