Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lasever

I got a tracking number from david, my lasers are in Cali right now, yippie!

Man that thing looks cool in black. I hope I get a tracking # soon. Someone is planning a 100 hour burn-in test?
    David....is there any way to drop the floor of the 473 module housing to allow a fit? You could always turn the laser on it's side to make it fit up to a 90 deg plate. Any ways I hope all the replacements live long and have higher output than rated. I have lots of 6061 T6 angle stock here at home. I would be glad to send you a piece or cut it to your specs for you.
    Last edited by MechEng3; 09-27-2007 at 00:03.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

it appears I have horrible news. David just gave me a different tracking number for my red this morning and DHL left it at my door two days ago. However, after checking with my buisness partner and girlfriend, I do NOT have my laser

My buisness partners radio was stolen out his car last week so I guess we got some idiots stealing crap. Now I am glad I had him make a police report even though they just take it over the phone.

I asked david who should get the claim rolling. I have a feeling this will be long and drawn out.

At least I have a tracking number for what I hope to be the blue laser so I can intercept before it shares a similar fate

Angry

You're kidding right? Sounds like it is time to set up some cameras and get ready to school some muthafuckas...

We can all take turns "dumpping" in a bag and mail one to you every other day and you can let them steal those...
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 09-27-2007 at 05:53.

We can all take turns "dumpping" in a bag and mail one to you every other day and you can let them steal those...
    Time for curry and BBQ beans.

its ok, david seems really helpful now. Its unfortunate and it happens. The only thing that stinks is I know that I am going to have to buy another red laser in the interim now.

That stinks !! I hate it for a thief and a liar. It seems they come away clean at first.....then what comes around goes around. Maybe the fool who done this will hopefully shine it into the night air and we can all see who done it on the local news.........man arrested for violation of federal laws concerning lasers aimed at aircraft.......more at 11. I always try to be here or have someone to sign for any laser related materials to avoid any complications. Or simply have them shipped to you work .......provided you are not in the field sometimes as I am. I hope this can be resolved soon.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    anodizing etc.

DZ can you explain how it's done?
    What is needed to blacken the aluminum?
    Preferably DIY home style!
    Doc, Check this link out http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html that link seems to have the most fool proof method of anodizing yourself.

However, some sites claim you can anodize using common Rit Dye for fabric, but there are just about as many sites full of people complaining about how their dye wouldn't take into the metal. Google 'how to anodize at home,' or 'anodize aluminum' including the term 'rit dye' somewhere.

-Max

I would have stayed home butttttttttt I wasnt given a tracking number till two days after it "arrived"

However, I stayed home from work today to get my blue laser (i guess) and guess what, DHL said my address wasnt a correct address and didnt bother telling me until 2 mins before the hub closed. Fuckin bastards.....................

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    I always try to be here or have someone to sign for any laser related materials to avoid any complications. Or simply have them shipped to you work .......provided you are not in the field sometimes as I am. I hope this can be resolved soon.

I'll hold on to it until you have a spot ready for it.
    hehe! Want my checkbook to go with it?

is there any way to drop the floor of the 473 module housing to allow a fit?
    Yes there is, however, it would require cutting the heat sink down in size and it would put the beam from the blue lower than the other two lasers. So, I've got some figuring out to do with it or see if Lasever can supply a replacement with the older style (so long as it wont have problems!). And thanks for the 6061 offer, I still have a small supply of it left.

Dream beamz, damn, sorry to hear that. Who ever got it probably wont know what the hell it is and trash it. Sadly, you can't rely on law enforcement for anything like that. I once had my car broken in to, a cop came out and dusted my car for prints and didn't find any. Which amazes me because how could he not have found any of my prints on the car? Oh well, hopefully it will turn up somehow.

DZ can you explain how it's done?
    What is needed to blacken the aluminum?
    Preferably DIY home style!
    There are a couple of web sites out there that explain how its done however it involves a bit of nasty chemicals and some special tools. I'd recommend sending whatever you need anodized off to someone to have it done. Its cheaper than you might think. Also, 6061 is about the best for anodizing. I have both 2024 and 6061 in my projector, the 6061 turns out a very nice black color whereas the 2024 has a purple tint to it. Both are about the same as far as workability. I tried using 5052 once and that was a disaster! BTW, the number pertains to types of aluminum and what its doped with.

David
    Last edited by DZ; 09-27-2007 at 18:24.