Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lasever

Default Lasever

Hi all

I purchased two lasers for my projector from Lasever. A 200Mw green and a 200Mw blue. Both of these were the Lasever 'U' models in the heatsinked case.

The blue is performing well, however, the green seems to have a problem in that it has taken to producing two parallel beams spaced slightly apart. looks like TEM01 mode although the beams appear to be vertical rather than horizontal. I have only just got my projector working during the last month and as such this laser has only been used for perhaps 1 hour or so.

I have emailed David at lasever about this and he emailed back and asked for the serial number of the unit. I emailed him this and have heard nothing since despite two other emails.

Now, I don't want to be too quick off the mark here, and I want to give every opportunity for David to respond with instructions as to how I should proceed with a warranty claim.

BUT, from reading other posts on the Forum it would appear that other people are having problems getting a response to their advances.

I do hope that David frequents this forum and reads this post. I also hope that it is something silly like my emails have never reached him. I want to give every opportunity to Lasever to ensure that my laser gets either replaced or repaired as quickly as possible.

I have started this thread so that I can provide regular updates as to how efficiently my problem is dealt with.

Cheers

Jem

Hi Jem

I have never bought from Lasever and from what I have experienced I doubt I ever will...
    I contacted David a few months ago showing interest in buying some (unspecifed quantity) modules. I said that I wished to order a 200mW green and 200mW blue to evaluate them and he said no prob. except for the fact that he could ship green now and blue in a month. I was prepared to wait till I could have both together and told him this - I also aske for deatils so I could make payment to him. That was the last I heard.
    I was pissed off because when I was told there would be a months wait someone posted on here the following week saying they had ordered a blue and it had only taken 3 days or somthing to arrive and they had just got it that day.
    Then all the posts appeared about problems with 200mW units and then people started worrying why they were not getting responses to emails so it seemed like this was a problem all were experiencing.
    I hope this all sorts out and is a communications problem as David seems personable enough but it does not bear well at all - so i will likely give Lasever a miss.

Rob

So the best low cost blue Chinese (less expensive than Coherent, Spectra-Physics etc) laser seems to be CNI according to all the results posted so far..?

I do not want to start 'throwing any stones' just yet. I think it's only fair that David is given the chance to respond, either via the forum or direct to me. I don't seem to be getting a response by email, so, just in case there is an email problem, i'm posting here so that I am being fair and giving every possible opportunity to get a response.

I guess what happens now will dictate whether or not Lasever maintain a good reputation on this forum. So far my experiences dealing with david at Lasever have been reasonably good, my only possible complaint would be that he only accepts payment by bank transfer which can be very slow.

What would be really good would be if David at lasever was to contact me and offer to send another unit out straightaway and ask me to send back the faulty unit when the replacement arrived

The clock is now ticking, I don't want this to turn into a 'let's all have a go at Lasever', not just yet anyway

Jem

To be fair I think you will find most of the china based companies will only take bank transfer - I have used it and it normally only takes a few days. By the time the goods have been prepared the money is through and it has worked very well for me. I think maybe its not a normal way of sendin money which puts people off a bit. Plus you know the money you are sending is going to the seller rather than to paypal - ok the bank makes a decent charge for it but if yours is like mine its a per transfer fee rather than a percentage so at least you know where you are with it from the word go.
    I agree it shouldnt get to be a flaming session and thats not what I intended to suggest - I just feel that there is room for communication which would make lots of existing customers like you and potential customers like me feel that there is at least someone still there.

Rob

I had reported a problem with my 200mW 473 unit to David and he replied to send it back. I shipped it out and was told it would be 2 days for the repair after it arrived at Lasever. I am very happy with the results as it was returned to me in excellent working order in a little over 2 weeks. It is the ML type and has the new crystal set. It does over spec as far as power output....around 237mw @ 4.92 vdc. I am happy with the service and products they have...even if they have a few flaws now and then. Lets look at the price of Coherent and Arctose lasers before kicking around too much. It seems there problem was not directly faulted to them, rather the coating manu.....bad day at the sputtering machine?
    It's lore of an old machinist's saying.....
    If you want nice , pricise machine work you must pay a fair price......
    If you can settle with loose tolerences.....well that is a little cheaper....
    and a hacksaw and file are always cheapest.

Botom line is I am not going to try and make a 473 unit at home. I would like one to tinker with .......20mw or so.....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I have been dealing with David for a long time and am sure he will take care of you. It may take a while but he will respond and take care of your problem.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Cool

I had to twist David's tail a little bit, but he came through for me too. I don't know if the problem is in the language barrier, or if he's too busy to check his e-mails, or if the guy is just so disorganized that he forgets about things. Either way, the end result is that you (the customer) start to worry about getting scammed. But David is a decent guy, and I agree with Astroguy; he'll probably come through for you. I'd suggest sending him more e-mails though. (The old "squeaky wheel gets the grease" theory.)

Adam

O.K., So time for an update...

I've just had an email from David at Lasever. He apologises for the problem and has offered a solution that is entirely satisfactory to me.

So, the solution is good and Lasever's reputation is intact, assuming of course that David follows through on his promise

Thank you David.

Jem

My 180mw Lasever 473nm just died. Not completely but now it's giving about 10-15mw. All modules including Power supply, Modulator and Laser were mounted on thick aluminum plate using arctic silver thermo paste.

The modulator failed a few times.... So I had to restart my projector to get it working again. My Green and Red CNI which I got in the same time still work great. It didn't die at once....it took some time...slowly...step by step....less and less power...until I put it against my other 20mw blue..and realized ..that my 20mw is actually brighter.

There is another thing....for a split second it gives about 60mw then power jumps back and forward until it stabilizes ~15mw.
    Last edited by Dr Laser; 08-04-2007 at 07:25.