Thread: Lightwave Halfnote Power Supply/Controller

Laser Warning Lightwave Halfnote Power Supply/Controller

I have a Halfnote laser and have powered up the head with its own power supply using a current limiting resistor (I know prol not the best idea). Anyway I think it is putting out nearly full power and has the most awesome 532nm beam I've ever see. I know in order to keep it healthy, I need to use a good constant current constant voltage circuit instead of just a resistor, a circuit to drive the peltier pump diode cooler, and a circuit to drive the KTP heater (both with temperature feedback controllers).

I know someone out there has assembled all this before and I'm hoping they might be willing to sell it, or maybe point me to someone you know that might have what I need.

If not I will sell the laser if anyone is interested. Thanks.

I have a Lightwave Series 246 which is a Halfnote based lab laser. It is serial number 101 made June 1997, I think it is a prototype that was never put into production. It has a standly/lase switch, a power adjust knob and modulation inputs. With temperature tuning about 1.5 Watts is possible but if people have healthy Halfnotes they could do a laser transplant. I would take $1K plus shipping, it is the size of a small microwave. Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Thanks Phil. That sounds about like what I have. I think mine was possibly a leftover replacement unit that never got used. 1K is quite a bit more than I had in mind but Im sure its worth it and I appreciate the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by summu View Post
    I have a Halfnote laser and have powered up the head with its own din rail power supply using a current limiting resistor (I know prol not the best idea). Anyway I think it is putting out nearly full power and has the most awesome 532nm beam I've ever see. I know in order to keep it healthy, I need to use a good constant current constant voltage circuit instead of just a resistor, a circuit to drive the peltier pump diode cooler, and a circuit to drive the KTP heater (both with temperature feedback controllers).

I know someone out there has assembled all this before and I'm hoping they might be willing to sell it, or maybe point me to someone you know that might have what I need.

If not I will sell the laser if anyone is interested. Thanks.
    One of my friend wants it recently, perhaps I can ask him
    din rail power supplies are better than liner power supply.

I bought a bunch of these half-note 532 nm DPSS units to work with in the future, haven't yet. Here's a manual a kind individual sent me, you can download here.

https://photos.imageevent.com/qdf_fi...ave%20DPSS.pdf

I did fire one up though, used three DC power supplies and manually adjusted the diode current, diode TEC and KTP heater to keep it going, but doing so manually is a flurry of turning knobs, not practical.

Edit: Question for the green DPSS guys, I found a 7 x 7 x 7 mm KTP crystal which may have come out of a Coherent laser, anyone know what power level this size of crystal is typically designed to produce, or the type of laser this size of crystal used with? Pulse or?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Edit add:

DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK INSIDE THIS LISTING OR BUY:

A scammer in Canada appears to be hacking into eBay member accounts and listing this over and over again, I've been emailing the accounts he keeps doing that with and letting them know, they then remove it, but he moves on to another victim:

(Edit: removed direct link to Laserscope listing on eBay, you can click on this imgbb thumbnail link, below, if you want to see a screen shot of the listing).

He asks buyers not to bid on the item and to click on the link inside the listing, might just be a way to get your IP address and try to hack your account, I don't know.
    Last edited by Laser57; 04-23-2018 at 01:27.