Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 02.12.2018 - Migration bugs/errors/issues

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    what is is you said to me while i was sleeping in your disco? i'm sure you remember, it was right before you sent up the burly carny worker with the sawzall...
    The quote was “How do you feel about being lied to and then forceably relocated?” In my defense though, you did get breakfast and lattes out of the deal!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    The quote was ?How do you feel about being lied to and then forceably relocated?? In my defense though, you did get breakfast and lattes out of the deal!
    that's a fair point!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Default Still no Wiki?

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Please contain all found bugs/errors from the move to this thread to make it easier for me to keep track of while I tear through them.
    Otherwise all is good.

Thanks for all you do.

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

No https anymore?

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Site update rate is well above screaming and is approaching SR-71 or faster, As I type this paper is catching fire on my desk from character updates whizzing by.

Thanks for all you do Robert...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

If I log in to www.photonlexicon.com and then go to photonlexicon.com with no www, my cookies are no good. I'm not going to get into the no-www vs yes-www religious debate though :P

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    No https anymore?
    This should be fixed and all non secure traffic should be routing to :443/https now, at least as far as this domain is concerned. Hot linking stuff from elsewhere that isn't ssl'd will give a mixed content error, but nothing here is borked.

Quote Originally Posted by clickamouse View Post
    Still no Wiki?
    This is... a complicated issue. There was a package maintainer for the sso/mediawiki integration but he disappeared from the vbulletin arena back in 2014 or so. This left the package in a bad state as time moved on. In a nutshell, it relied on an older version of mediawiki that is *now* exploitable and does not work with newer/safer version of php7. If memory serves, php5.3 was the cutoff. My option is to run a newer version of mediawiki as it's own entity. This will necessitate everyone who wants to interact with the wiki here to manually register a second account here. This is not ideal.

There is another system I will attempt to integrate in a few days based on dokuwiki that is actively being maintained. This should work and auto populate it's user database from the forum here. That is assuming I don't run across any glaring issues, knowing my luck recently I feel safer adding this qualifier.

As an aside: The gallery is very dead. Menalto quit development years ago and the software has fallen into a similar state of disrepair. Only in this case, no other packages rose up to take the crown because every forum software package on the planet implemented their own shitty gallery/albums systems. It was easier, so migration to these built-in was quick and remorseless.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Site update rate is well above screaming and is approaching SR-71 or faster, As I type this paper is catching fire on my desk from character updates whizzing by.
    Who would have thought that all my "performance tuning"(lol) to get this somewhat responsive at the previous host would eventually net benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    If I log in to www.photonlexicon.com and then go to photonlexicon.com with no www, my cookies are no good. I'm not going to get into the no-www vs yes-www religious debate though :P
    It's less of a debate and more of a holy war. It's setup now as a virtualhost alias and I've mangled the cookies to mitigate the issue, if you see this again let me know. I still have a number of things to take care of, but settling on one or the other without using lazy rewrites is on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Testing 123, Can steve have his white space and paragraph indentation again
    This text and your quote is immediately before the pre tag.

Pre
    Tags
    Solve
    This
    But it's fundamental to how html is rendered and has it's own
    s p e c i a l s n o w f l a k e
    issues.

Most noticeably: fonts getting collapsed into a monospace variant like you see here.

Welcome to the future of "friendly" CSS implementations that are, well, special.

And not the good special.

Anywho, if you really really really need this, in the full editor/go advanced option the last icon I added that looks like static will wrap your entire postbit in pre tags

This text is immediately after the /pre

2 requests:

1. Know it's been asked for before but any chance of a like button?

2. Can Swami and DKumpula please be careful what they talk about in public. Hearing about ring theft whilst Swami slept in Dkumpulas disco is putting me off my breakfast.
    Last edited by White-Light; 02-14-2018 at 03:16.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Bug?? Issue?? I'll give you a damn issue.... I wasn't able to buy anything on here for several LONG hours! You're killing me!
    PM Sent...