Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G120D Galvo Amp (Driver)

if any one needs 120 amps i have a whole box of these

AMPLIFIERS & INTERFACE CARDS
    CLA-1000 Closed Loop Amplifier Card

The CLA-1000 is the single channel closed loop amplifier card for use with older GS138/128 galvonometers. The amplifier allows full control of the all scanner operational parameters including scanning amplitude, scanning offset, position feedback and velocity feedback. The amplifier is short circuit protected and includes a inline fuse for additional protection of the scanner. The scanner may be switched on and off line at any time for alignment. The amplifier accepts input signals from both balanced or single ended inputs. Power requirements are 18 to 25 volts DC for operation and all supply voltages are regulated on the board. The 6" x 4.5" fiberglass circuit board which plugs into a 22/44 pin-edge card connector and is compatible with industry-standard card cages.Use the CLI-1000 card below to facilitate wiring a modular system. A detailed specification sheet is available.
    CLI-1000 Closed Loop Interface Card

The CLI-1000 interface card is designed to simplify the wiring of a CLA-1000 based system by including all I/O on a plug in card. Input grounding is optional. A detailed specification sheet is available. The card brings the signal inputs and scanner outputs up to the front of the card cage allowing amplifier cards to be bussed easily in a card cage. Input to the card is by a standard 5 pin DIN connector. Inputs may be balanced or unbalanced with signal phase selectable by the dip switches. Ground lift is also supported to prevent ground loop hum. Outputs are via a standard "galvo ready" female DB-15 connector. The 6" x 4.5" fiberglass circuit board which plugs into a 22/44 pin-edge card connector is compatible with industry-standard card cages.

what KPPS will they do?

he's getting 24kpps with home-made amps, pretty impressive since AFAIK only the turbo-tracks got higher (30kpps)

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    if any one needs 120 amps i have a whole box of these

AMPLIFIERS & INTERFACE CARDS
    CLA-1000 Closed Loop Amplifier Card

The CLA-1000 is the single channel closed loop amplifier card for use with older GS138/128 galvonometers. The amplifier allows full control of the all scanner operational parameters including scanning amplitude, scanning offset, position feedback and velocity feedback. The amplifier is short circuit protected and includes a inline fuse for additional protection of the scanner. The scanner may be switched on and off line at any time for alignment. The amplifier accepts input signals from both balanced or single ended inputs. Power requirements are 18 to 25 volts DC for operation and all supply voltages are regulated on the board. The 6" x 4.5" fiberglass circuit board which plugs into a 22/44 pin-edge card connector and is compatible with industry-standard card cages.Use the CLI-1000 card below to facilitate wiring a modular system. A detailed specification sheet is available.
    CLI-1000 Closed Loop Interface Card

The CLI-1000 interface card is designed to simplify the wiring of a CLA-1000 based system by including all I/O on a plug in card. Input grounding is optional. A detailed specification sheet is available. The card brings the signal inputs and scanner outputs up to the front of the card cage allowing amplifier cards to be bussed easily in a card cage. Input to the card is by a standard 5 pin DIN connector. Inputs may be balanced or unbalanced with signal phase selectable by the dip switches. Ground lift is also supported to prevent ground loop hum. Outputs are via a standard "galvo ready" female DB-15 connector. The 6" x 4.5" fiberglass circuit board which plugs into a 22/44 pin-edge card connector is compatible with industry-standard card cages.
    please keep this thread related to currently discussed home developed/made galvo amp and G120 galvos. thanks :-)

im not sure of the speed but i can look up the data

basically i have never used them my company technological artisans usta produce these before i was involved with the company but i do have all the schematics and data for these some where in a draw

two versions are being build
    G120Amp9 (with 1pc OPA2544 as output stage)
    G120Amp10 (with 2pc LM3886 as output stage)

best regards

pishtak
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G120Amp10_SCH_25102011.pdf  

G120Amp9_SCH_25102011.pdf  

G120Amp10_PCB.pdf  

G120Amp9_PCB.pdf  

Default first h-bridge test

Refer to file G120Amp10_SCH_15112011.

Load: G120D with torsion bar removed serves as test load (LL=1mH RL=2Ohm).
    Power Supply: +/-20VDC

FullStep1.jpg:
    CH1 = current through load measured on R7=0.47R sense resistor.
    positive current amplitude 2.17A, negative current amplitude 2.38A.
    4.55App(peak to peak) developed in load in 75us.
    Input signal as can be seen on picture FullStep3.jpg.
    3.4App current can be developed in 40us.

FullStep2.jpg:
    Output voltages of the h-brdige.
    CH1 voltage on U1 pin3. CH2 voltage on U7 pin3.

FullStep3.jpg:
    CH1 maximum possible input signal VSUM which can be delivered
    from U2C pin 8.

Warning:
    these are absolute maximum values and this will never
    happen in normal operation. it was just used to test stability
    and performance of h-bridge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FullStep3.jpg  

G120Amp10_SCH_15112011.pdf  

FullStep1.jpg  

FullStep2.jpg  

Default Update ...

G120Amp10 is working. ILDA Test Pattern is running well 24Kpps @ 20° optical (+/- 10°).
    Parts CC,RC,CN,RN mentioned in enclosed schematics must be added to PCB according enclosed picture.
    H-Bridge is stable. Details about design in enclosed simulation using TinaTI (free).

pishtak

PS: PCB layout will be not released. I can provide unassembled PCBs if anyone is interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pcb.jpg  

LM3886_fb1.pdf  

ildatp2.jpg  

addendum.jpg  

G120Amp10_SCH_01122011.pdf  

ildatp1.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pishtak; 12-06-2011 at 03:38.

Default 28Kpps @ 8° optical ... mmm ...

ilda test pattern running 28Kpps @ 8° optical (+/- 4°) doesn't look bad,
    but if you look at X and Y pulses, there is little over and undershoot visible.

pishtak
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ildatp3s.jpg  

ildatp4s.jpg  

ildatp5s.jpg  

xpls1s.jpg  

ypls1s.jpg  

it still looks very very impressing to me, keep it up man!!!!
    "its called character briggs..."

Default CLA 1000 boards

Hi,
    I AM interested in your CLA-1000 boards - how much are you are you asking for a pair? Call me (much easier and faster than endless typing) Warren (808) 723-4288 Thanks!