Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Fb3 Evaluation Kit ......?

Lightbulb

Remember, there are only, what, 4 or 5 people at Pangolin, if that. I'm actually impressed that Bill posts so much here. When I got my intro kit it took me about a week to talk to Bill and then get my kit. I think they make them, or have them made when the order comes in. Again, it took me a week and I went there and picked it up, no shipping at all. I will echo everyone elses suggestion and say give them a call. I'd even try now @ 3:40 am EST; Bill has been known to be at the office at this time of morning.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Cool

Hi Werner;

I'm not trying to be rude, but 5 different people have suggested that you simply call the office and ask them what happened... Have you called them yet? I think you'll find you'll get a much faster response over the telephone vs asking about it here on PhotonLexicon.

Adam

I have had a response from Pangolin and the package is on the way

Looking forward to it arriving, Although they took a week to respond they were kind enough to not charge me shipping cost and they used the shipping co that suited me the best!

They also explained that they were out of stock and thus the delayed action...

i am happy things are moving along again,
    my reason for posting on PL is simple, you guys have beter contact with Pangolin and some of you even know the people personally, so I was hoping for a quicker response

werner

Quote Originally Posted by werner1619 View Post
    I have had a response from Pangolin and the package is on the way

Looking forward to it arriving, Although they took a week to respond they were kind enough to not charge me shipping cost and they used the shipping co that suited me the best!

They also explained that they were out of stock and thus the delayed action...

i am happy things are moving along again,
    my reason for posting on PL is simple, you guys have beter contact with Pangolin and some of you even know the people personally, so I was hoping for a quicker response

werner
    You can never get any quicker than picking up the phone and calling yourself!
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Yes, waiting until 2 or 3h00 in the morning to make a call would be great fun............................................... .............................................

FWIW, mine took about 2 weeks, and they apparently stole one of Bills personal units to send it

Course, I've been hideously busy with other projects and haven't fired it up yet.

Werner;

Pangolin's offices are officially open from 10 am to 6 pm eastern time, but Bill Benner is often in the office much later than that. (As are some of the other employees.)

Here's a quote from Pangolin.com:
    Office hours are nominally 10 am until 6 pm, Eastern (New York) time. However, please feel free to call us anytime you need assistance. We know laserists keep odd hours and we may be answering the phone later than 6 pm.
    This is why everyone was suggesting that you pick up the phone and make a free call to their office. There's no need for you to wake up at 2 am to call, because there is usually someone there to answer the phone, even at odd hours.

In fact, though I don't remember your location, the times that you've been active here suggest that you're in Europe... So that's 5-7 hours ahead of the time in Orlando, Florida. You could have called at the end of your day and been able to reach them just before lunchtime during normal hours...

Adam

Buffo,

No i am in South Africa.

Thank you for all your insight and willingness to help, But as I have posted already, I have resolved the issue, so please relax...

Cool

Werner;

I'm glad you got it sorted. And I apologize for my militant defense of Pangolin's customer service. But you sort of stepped on a nerve when you said things like "Here I Go Again, Bad Service Once You Have Paid?" and "In my book if a customer has to wait a week for me to get back to him or process his order I think I would have no customers...." I guess it just went downhill from there. I accept the blame for that.

But you've got to admit that your comment about staying up until 2 am in order to call them was completely bogus. You are either 6 or 7 hours ahead of their time - no more. (You are GMT +1 or +2, they are GMT -5)

Furthermore, looking at your post times I see that most of them are within normal business hours for Pangolin. So it wouldn't have been any trouble to call them one day while you were posting to PL. It sounded like you were just making excuses, and it got under my skin. (Must have forgotten to drink my second cup of coffee that morning!)

That's what sort of got me going... You were implying that Pangolin was screwing you over and before you even called them to ask for their side of the story you started talking about it here in the forums. That bothered me, because Pangolin has done some really good things , both for me personally and for the community as a whole, and it didn't seem fair to them. Then too, several people were telling you to just call them, yet you expected one of us to contact them for you instead. Yes, Bill is friends with people here, but none of us actually work for Pangolin. It would be inapropriate for one of us to intervene on your behalf until you had already exhausted all other options.

Bottom line - I think everyone deserves a fair shake, and I thought you were denying it to them. And then I over-reacted.

But I apologize for sounding like some damn forum police. We don't have moderators, so I've got no business bashing you. I probably shouldn't have jumped on you so hard. Sorry. But it's something I feel pretty strong about. I'll defend a good supplier just as hard as I'll slam a supplier that tries to scam me.

And I *am* glad that you got your issue worked out to your satisfaction. I hope you'll soon be posting about how you're using your new controller.

Anyway, no hard feelings pal...

Adam

Hi Werner,

Just a few quick notes.

First, we don't charge anyone's credit card until we actually ship. So, lets say for the sake of conversation that we run out of a particular piece of gear (which does happen from time to time). Well, we would not charge a credit card until the day we have it packaged and ready to ship.

Second, in early June we hired a new assistant to help out with answering emails, filing papers, processing orders, processing payments and the like. Well... lets just say that after a month, she is no longer with Pangolin... It could be that your order was somehow lost in the mix during that time.

Third, you can send an email or call at any time during the day. Myself, and several other staffers at Pangolin are often available at what others would call "odd hours"...

I do appologize for the time you had to wait, especially apparently without contact. But I hope we can make the service up to you as time runs.

Best regards,

William Benner