Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Builds sub-forum?

Nicely written and amen, brother!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Interesting timing !! For currently I am working on my RGB Lumia machine...called " Solar Prominence "...Somewhere on PL....there is a thread on this project. ( ....it has been under construction for some time !! )

The project will use Acoustic pressure ( Amplitude/volume) ...modified and used as a analog signal input to the any one or all the LD drivers. Eurorack Modules will be used to modify the Sound Envelop before the signal is linked to the LD Drivers. This is required to have a somewhat " Elastic " link between the music content and Laser display. As I have rambled on about B4....Lumia should and can be raised to a much higher level of....mmmm....Artistry....and ....interactivity.

The above speculation is really just a logical extension. Consider how much more impactful a Swamidog Show is....with his great selection of music....just off the charts !!!!
    Now....Laser Lumia display...linked and driven by musical volume.....I believe ...will also provide a degree of synergy and ability to tap into the core emotions provided by many musical offerings !

It is like...Lumia....standing on the shoulders of Music....and in doing so....a degree of Synergy will be achieved. These are my speculations.

Perhaps...when all is done...I will turn the contraption on for the first time....and say......" Meeeehh...not the wiz/bang I thought it would be "...Oh well !!! In any push of the envelop ....one runs into the
    dreaded " Dead Ends "...

But....never can the joy and thrill of experimentation be removed from the "ride"

And...in closing...I must state...that I am not even suggesting that the " Solar Prominence " project will deliver anywhere near the level of entertainment a Swamidog Show does !!!!...Just trying to push the entertainment value of Lumia !!

CDBEAM
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 03-14-2018 at 19:31.
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Well said and amen. Make it so.

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

I’m really loving lumia. I had a good run with graphics but lumia lets me combine lasers, modular synth, engineering...it isn’t as simple as it looks, and art. There is just so much. It’s like taming a lion. I want to see the ability to program a show and it repeats the same or very early.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I’m really loving lumia. I had a good run with graphics but lumia lets me combine lasers, modular synth, engineering...it isn’t as simple as it looks, and art. There is just so much. It’s like taming a lion. I want to see the ability to program a show and it repeats the same or very early.
    Interesting !!!!!!!!!!!! SO....if we use a specific musical score as the Audio feed....and set the Modular Synth patch Cords with a known and specific configuration....and set the Modular Synth analogue control settings with a known and specific configuration....THEN ....one should be able to re-create the Lumia dynamics......BUT THEN....Think about these variable's;

1) When the event starts.....at that exact moment !!! The beams enter the Lumia Media and propagate thru the Lumia Media disc(s)... starting at a unique point on the Lumia Media disc(s).

The Lumia media surface has a very organic and Non-Linear geometry. This then means that an almost infinite number of propagation ray path's /Geometry combinations are possible...and the resulting Lumia display is a function of where the beam path starts on the Lumia media disc.

So, we have a =====> Huge degree of subtle Lumia Display variations !!!

2)Consider the very, very small AC line cycle frequency variation's....albeit very, very minor....this variable then produces variations to the motor speed.....which in turn, has some effect on the Lumia Display.

So, again we have a =====> Huge degree of subtle Lumia Display variations !!!

Soooo...repeatability....is just an illusion !!!

But...the real beauty is...SO WHAT....the Lumia display is so organic.....who could tell !!...and who cares !!!

Even this reality...that each show is completely unique....is meaningless....as the shape of each snow flake is different is meaningless....the overall effect is the same....beautiful !!!

OK...ALL this then means, even though all the settings remain constant...and the music input is the same....EACH time the event is run...will be unique....and in subtle ways different from the last event.....so ...I suppose " Fractal " in nature. WOW.

And no...I am drug free !!!....but do use a considerable monthly quantity of Tin foil...for hats !!!
    Beam Axiom #2 is in play here !!!!! Whooooaaaa !!!

Beam Out !!

Note: Added pic of the current Solar Prominence Lumia control panelClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180315_100910.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	53769
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 03-16-2018 at 03:45.
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Lookin’ good!

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

+1 for a DIY forum. I'm looking to build my own scanner and have so many questions and things to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptor View Post
    +1 for a DIY forum. I'm looking to build my own scanner and have so many questions and things to learn.
    I thought this was a DIY forum.