Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diodes and lens for lumia

I have plenty of the 2.5A versions sitting here, Kecked. Will those work for you? I'll take v500mA in return.

<edit> Oh, and the lead time is usually closer to 3 weeks in my experience, although I've had some take 6 weeks and others never arrive. </edit>

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    I have plenty of the 2.5A versions sitting here, Kecked. Will those work for you? I'll take v500mA in return.

<edit> Oh, and the lead time is usually closer to 3 weeks in my experience, although I've had some take 6 weeks and others never arrive. </edit>

-David
    Should be. I was planning on using the bias to set the brightness not modulation.

im running 250ma red. 330ma green 500-800ma blue. Don’t know what the 470nm diode takes.

ill send you a pm

I ordered three drivers from Rob at stanwax. I want to try his support him and review the drivers. I’ll come back to the other one later.

I am experimenting with diverging lenses to spread some lumia out bigger. The trick is to put the lens after the wheel (or wheels).
    This is a bargain, and comes from a missile!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tow-I-II-Mi...L/331692985801

The trick is to put the larger part of the lens towards the wheel.

Cheers...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

I found a lens from the condenser in an old enlarger for photography. Had to spell that out as I doubt many even know what an enlarger is anymore. I used it to burn stuff as a kid.

The condenser may not be optical quality; it's job is to concentrate light so it comes before the negative.
    And like it says, this focuses light. I think you want a diverging lens.

Please let us know how it works out; we're investigating some new tweaks to lumia here!

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Kecked is having problems with posting to PL, asked me to post this:

I’m making my modulation theramin style so I can play the lumia. Also adding env follower and band pass filters.
    I can then let the env drive modulation but I can also inject my own hand movements to control
    ________

To which I add:
    My team is also working on this.
    And CDBeam is working on synth module controllers as well.

It will be interesting to see the results.

Mike
    Runs with Lasers

So here’s the final diode count for the lumia. I really like the Lovell drivers

660/638 cube
    520/532 cube
    470/445 cube
    405 if I can find a dichro to mix it in. If not knife it in.

Now if that doesn’t make for variety I don’t know what will. Might drop one line Ie 532 so I stay six lines.

Why doesn’t color mix in lumia. You can have red and green right on top of each other and to my eye it stays separate. If I let it hit my hand it scatters mad mixes. Maybe I’m makimg laminar flow light.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you'll be fine with knife edging. lumia works best when the beams aren't perfectly co-linear.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    So here’s the final diode count for the lumia. I really like the Lovell drivers

660/638 cube
    520/532 cube
    470/445 cube
    405 if I can find a dichro to mix it in. If not knife it in.

Now if that doesn’t make for variety I don’t know what will. Might drop one line Ie 532 so I stay six lines.

Why doesn’t color mix in lumia. You can have red and green right on top of each other and to my eye it stays separate. If I let it hit my hand it scatters mad mixes. Maybe I’m makimg laminar flow light.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

405 is amazing on black cardboard.