Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ADAT mods +/-5v instead of 10v

Default ADAT mods +/-5v instead of 10v

So, quick introduction, I have been out of the laser bit for 10 years or so. I used to run completely live and saved imagery shows (I controlled color/modulation, effects, etc). I ran across a friend with a sweet laser pointer, and it started my interest again. I am part way through building my own rgb projector. 2.5W or so mostly from memory. I have gotten everything down so far, save one item, and that's why after about 4 months of looking around on here I finally signed up.

Hopefully someone can point me In the correct direction, yes I have searched.... for hours... And cannot find my answer. So here goes:

I am modifying a blackface adat for ilda output using the pango guide and this thread https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...Expanded/page2
    But I cannot figure out how to properly limit the output of the x-y channels to +/- 5v. I am going to be using pt-30k scanners from spacelas and their limited documentation says +/- 5v input. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a donor elco cable so I can use the connector and the 1/4 connectors as needed to make whatever whatever outputs I need for the projector.

Not sure this the way but how about a pot. Line level translate opamp. Pot with zener for protection opamp buffer. Rail to rail opamp run at 5v. Will just clip. Pot seems easiest ....play a full scale signal and set the pot.

Ps. DZ sells an adat lightpipe to ilda converter. You do know most people dumped adat and playback via DAC these days.

Yes I know most have dumped adat. But I am a electronics guy, and I have an Alesis blackface sitting around, more of a I know I can make this work kinda thing

And I happen to have a copy of digisynth I want to play with

Matt’s one of my best friends and neighbors..... I use a transcoder.

I don't remember if it was him that came out to help us get setup but I worked for Karl at the laserdome in pa for a number of years. I want to say he came out in the summer of 06 to help us get our new system up.

I can't even find the transcoders, and I think that's a bit out of my price range even if I could find them.

The adat worked for us there and I have one. I'm just trying to figure out what resistance to use on the tl084 to drop the differential output to -/+ 5v. I think i can use drlavas guide for the + side of the opamp. That gives 5v but I am unsure for the - side opamp resistance change.

Actually I think it might have been chuck that came out to help us. Long time ago, can't really remember

Quote Originally Posted by Theoneinformant View Post
    Actually I think it might have been chuck that came out to help us. Long time ago, can't really remember

I think iknow who you you are then. That was a while back. He moved so I have not seen him for a few years. I remember 29 palms.

I worked there during highschool up until I joined the Marine Corps. It's been a while haha